Google 13" Intel i5 32GB Chromebook Pixel

Google 13" Intel i5 32GB Chromebook Pixel

Buyer beware. I love Chromebooks, but every Chromebook has an expiration date when it will no longer receive Chrome OS updates. It’s a form of planned obsolescence. This 2013 model orignally sold for $1299, and it will still run today, but it stopped receiving security and feature updates almost three years ago. You can look up every model’s expiration date here: Auto Update policy - Chrome Enterprise and Education Help

Ivy bridge? Yikes. This is oooooold.

I saw the note about no auto updates in the description but I didn’t know that apps such as zoom would not work. Other apps won’t install/run because the OS is old and cannot be updated. I feel duped. Mark this as my final purchase from woot. Ever.

Hi, really sorry to hear about the app issues. If you haven’t already, please contact Woot CS. From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

This was fantastic hardware back in 2013. I used one for a while, and there was nothing else like it. It still has a stunning screen, fantastic build quality, and a great keyboard… but that Ivy Bridge processor has not aged well. I revisited it back in 2018, and it felt its age. This is not worth the money as anything beyond a curiosity these days, or if you plan to replace Chrome OS with Linux (which may be challenging on 32 GB of internal storage).