google ads?

What’s up with them google ads?

yep I saw them too, I just used adblock on them. I think someone was getting them a few days ago, and no one else was, but now more people are getting them.

I’m not sure you’re both referring to the same thing.

I did some searches recently and found sponsored links pointing to woot “an annoying 1 item only store that you may visit every day”, presumably these are actually paid for by woot.

cruzer, that doesn’t seem to fit what you’re describing…
Are you seeing some sort of pop-up or something? My blocker must be working.

this is what I’m talking about:

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I see them now.

I’ve just gotten very good at ignoring ads, it would seem.

Firefox + adblock = MY Internet.

Its like… a really bad commercial.

[quote user=“enforce1”]Firefox + adblock = MY Internet.

Its like… a really bad commercial.[/quote]

I love adblock. I could go on and create one of those endorsement paragraphs, but I’m too tired at the moment. Maybe later.

That’s how we put food on the table for our families.

They are so unobtrusive that I frankly didn’t notice them until I saw the posts complaining about them - something about banner ads the other day (which I never saw) and then this thread which made me bound and determined to find them.

So I did and you know what good for Woot. It’s their site, they have the right to have ads on it, and I think it is respectful of them to pick something unobtrusive like the Google ads than to have obnoxious banner ads, pop ups, pop unders, and spyware installers that prevail all over the web. It means they are thinking not only of their bottom line but also of our experience here, and so more power to 'em. The Google ads don’t bother me one bit, and I hope that they make Woot so much money that they will eventually pay us to take the junk in their warehouse each day [:)]

[quote user=“lukeduff”]

That’s how we put food on the table for our families.[/quote]
Wasn’t really complaining, it was just unexpected. Y’all ain’t gonna
start havin’ pop-ups, are ya? And please,please,please don’t allow
animated banners. Please!

And I hope there is always food for your families and success, too!

Hear! Hear!

I apologize for invading your forum up front, but feel this is worth while and will only take 15 seconds away from a chat.

Give the Gift of Site

Please donate any used pair of prescription glasses to help both children and adults that cannot afford clear vision, to see for the first time.

Not asking for money, just one pair (or as many as you can find laying around [h] ) to help people that cannot afford to see.

I will post pictures and stories from the Sonora, MX mission I will be on in September off site to show you what your contributions meant to the people in need.

Please send them to;

Luxottica Retail
Attn: Woody1
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, OH 45040

I appreciate woot for allowing this to post, and the person with the most pairs sent in by Sept 12th, (nudge factor coming, and send them all together please, so they can be counted) will get a package worth over $500 including a new Home Toshiba DVD Recorder and Dell 5.1 speaker set. This comes out of my pocket; this is just one of many, and I do mean many, charities I try to support.

yep I saw them too, I just used adblock on them. I think someone was getting them a few days ago, and no one else was, but now more people are getting them.

I’m not sure you’re both referring to the same thing.

I did some searches recently and found sponsored links pointing to woot “an annoying 1 item only store that you may visit every day”, presumably these are actually paid for by woot.

cruzer, that doesn’t seem to fit what you’re describing…
Are you seeing some sort of pop-up or something? My blocker must be working.

this is what I’m talking about:

http://myweb.stedwards.edu/kcruz/snap.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I see them now.

I’ve just gotten very good at ignoring ads, it would seem.

Firefox + adblock = MY Internet.

Its like… a really bad commercial.

I love adblock. I could go on and create one of those endorsement paragraphs, but I’m too tired at the moment. Maybe later.

That’s how we put food on the table for our families.

They are so unobtrusive that I frankly didn’t notice them until I saw the posts complaining about them - something about banner ads the other day (which I never saw) and then this thread which made me bound and determined to find them.

So I did and you know what good for Woot. It’s their site, they have the right to have ads on it, and I think it is respectful of them to pick something unobtrusive like the Google ads than to have obnoxious banner ads, pop ups, pop unders, and spyware installers that prevail all over the web. It means they are thinking not only of their bottom line but also of our experience here, and so more power to 'em. The Google ads don’t bother me one bit, and I hope that they make Woot so much money that they will eventually pay us to take the junk in their warehouse each day [:)]