Google H2G2-42 Chromecast 1st Gen Black

Google H2G2-42 Chromecast 1st Gen Black

Current generation is only $29 straight from Google and that is still supported, this would be basically useless.

6 Likes

Woot off leftovers.

1 Like

Y’all never disappoint at disappointing us

1 Like

Keep in mind these don’t support 5g wifi, so streaming might be choppy. I had to upgrade to a newer one to fix several playback issues with my 1st Gen.

1 Like

Not worth it.

This can’t be directly wired and needs wifi. On top of that this apparently doesn’t support recent wifi standards due to Google incompetence. Why struggle with lag when the current version supports today’s wifi standards All this said people don’t bother reading and see oh 47% savings. Definitely not worth the lagging which causes headaches.

$19 :unamused: and you pushed a notification for this? :rofl:

Wow, lots of whining here that these are useless - and that’s just wrong. I’ve had one of these since the first day they shipped, and it still works fine. Granted, I’d spend the extra $10 or more to get a current generation now, but this still trucks along, doing what it’s always done, at HD res. (I have it on the beta firmest channel, and I have it set to power on with the monitor, so it reboots regularly, which might help prevent problems?) If you don’t have a lot of crap left on your 2.4 GHz network, it will be just fine.

1 Like

As other folks have mentioned, this thing works just fine. I’ve had mine for years and it casts YouTube and cable tv apps just fine. If you want something for a spare room/kids room and don’t need the latest tech you should you’ll be perfectly fine with this.

1 Like