Google Nexus 7 16GB or 32GB (Gen 2)

Not the best deal in the world (depends on the warranty), but the 32GB is still $40 less than the Best Buy version, and the 32GB is what you want – the 16GB comes with only 10GB free storage space, and there is no SD card slot.

Warranty is 90 day Asus. It’s listed at the bottom of the features.

Just saw it on Amazon as well NEW for $20 less and free shipping…wtf

Specs say: 5 MP Rear Camera with Auto focuswith Auto focus
Auto focus (rear)

So I’m wondering if this this has any kind of auto focus built in? :stuck_out_tongue:

Fabulous tablet (I have the 32g version). Not a great deal. As many others have noted, brand new, not refurb for only a few dollars more.

Also agree that Amazon is tanking Woot.

Why do you need reviews? You all know what this is. Buy it now, you silly rabbits!

I bought the 16GB for $199 at Best Buy just last week. I found out after the fact that it was supposed to come with the $25 Play credit (found an article mentioning the promo which was dated a few days before my purchase). bought it in store and nobody said anything about the credit. Sort of off topic but was that an online only deal? Is there any way for me to get my hands on the credit at this point?

Best Buy:
Best Buy

$199 with Free Shipping New

Check your receipt. There should be a code printed on it for the credit if your purchase qualified.

Check out meenova. They have a really nice Micro SD reader that you’d probably like.

I’m sorry to hear you had problems with your device(s)! I’ve personally had 1 since September (Lost it… SIGH) through December, and then have a 2nd one (Returned it to Best Buy since they wouldn’t post-facto price match Office Depot) and a 3rd one that I currently am using. All 3 were rock solid. But hey, that’s just me. I also had a 1st gen for around a year that was awesome.

Wow, just wow - on the better deals than Woot lately. Why ANYONE would pay $194.99 for this refurb on Woot especially with all the problems others had on the first gen refurbs Woot has had recently, and apparent total lack of responses by Woot. It’s a NO BRAINER to get the new one with a full warranty at BB for only $5.00 more.

Sorry Woot for venting and pointing out the plethora of fails as of late. I still love the (now very RARE) bargain to be had here, but they are becoming much fewer and farther between. Such a shame.

Also, I noticed that in the past mods like TT used to try to answer complaints, and often times match or beat other prices. Lately, their hands must be tied. I understand that and don’t expect responses anymore. Just wishful thinking I guess. We still love ya TT and other mods!

But, as long as people continue to buy from Woot(-azon) even at the terrible prices, why would Woot lower the prices?

Noticed a lot of posts deleted today, and the only posts responded to by mods were a cut/paste reply to all those complaining of lacks of responses saying ‘sorry for the delay…’

As for the Nexus 7? We have two new gen 1 nexus 7’s and love them. Fast, crisp, responsive, and updated to Kit-Kat! Buy them with confidence… just buy them elsewhere for a better deal!

I know a lot of people are disappointed with their purchases above, but for anyone who is considering buying this, I’ll just let you know my experience.

I got the 32GB Nexus 7 when it was up for offer about a month ago (same price deal as this one), and my experience has been pretty good. The tab arrived in a non-original box, but was packaged securely. The physical condition of both the tab and the charger was brand new, and I’ve had no problems so far with it. There is no problem with the software or battery life, everything seems as new.

Considering all this, I think the 32GB model is still a decent deal I feel, as you do save up about 40$, and I wasn’t able to find a better deal at that point.

YMMV, but just wanted to let you all know my experience.

I have to agreee with the sentiment that Woot is going downhill in the past year or so. Too many items, though I haven’t had issues with service or product quality.

Re: the Nexus 7 2013, I have a 32G model updated to Kitkat 4.4.2 that I love. The screen res, rear camera, and better performance due to extra RAM over the 2012 model make it stand out.

One issue that I have not seen mentioned here is that for some reason, the Netflix app does not work on this tablet. (see here for example). Apparently it does for some, and not others. I reported this to Netflix, and spent several hours on the phone escallating to their L3 support, the final result was that they suggest I keep trying and wait for an update. It has been 2 months no no joy.

I’ve had good experiences with refurbished equipment. There’s more scrutiny when it comes to quality control.

Hmmm… Only 4-5 months since the debut of this item for retail and already plenty of refurbs. Nice screen but…

90 day by woot but if you have a problem get in touch with ASUS, NOT woot.

http://www.service.asus.com/#!rma-request/cope

+1 on this. I purchased a 32GB from a prior woot sale and have been satisfied with it.

Based on my experience with my Transformer TF300, that would be enough to break the deal right there. Asus warranty support in the US has gone to crap.

I’d probably be willing to go for this deal, factory refurbished and all. From what I hear, the Gen 2 is much more stable than the Gen 1.

It would have to be. The Gen 1 I got from woot was a brick. The customer service sent me an email to an unhelpful tutorial and hasn’t emailed me back in days. If I knew the status of the Gen 1, I would likely get this one, even if it was just an extra.

regarding Office Max 32gb:

Ships In: Item is sold out online. Please check your local OfficeMax store for availability.