Google Nexus 7 16GB Tablet (Gen 2)

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/8eb23fcc-d0e7-43cb-ae86-18bacaa25b9d.jpg

Google Nexus 7 16GB Tablet (Gen 2)
Price: $139.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Aug 04 to Thursday, Aug 07) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Google Nexus 7 16GB Tablet (Gen 2)) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Google Nexus 7 16GB Tablet (Gen 2)) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Google - Google Shopping Nexus 7 16GB Tablet (Gen 2))

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/22/2014 - $169.99 (Woot-off) - 4 comment(s)

5/2/2014 - $169.99 (Woot Plus)
2/21/2014 - $169.99 (Woot Plus)
1/24/2014 - $189.99 (Woot Plus)

Best Buy Reviews
Amazon Reviews

If you have been thinking about buying a small tablet… By this one.

Nexus 7 Manual

All sorts of info for you collected by engadget.com and check out this review over at trustedreviews.com
[youtube=3wZRVxWA1DY][/youtube]

Great tablet for a great price, but be aware that it is no longer the king of the small tablets. I love my Nexus 7 (1st gen), but the size is just too small for me, especially compared to the Galaxy Note II. I found the perfect size in the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, but of course it’s far more expensive than this Nexus 7.

Also, remember this has no expansion, but does get Android updates as they come out.

I bought one of these for the full price of $229, and don’t regret the purchase at all…it’s quick, smooth, reliable, vibrant, and is ALWAYS on the very latest version of Android.

For this price, it’s a no-brainer.

Does it have a sim card slot ?

Nope

My comments are based upon the 32GB version of this tablet which was previously Woot-of-the-days.

First off, when you first get the tablet, you will be prompted to install the Android 4.4.3 update (~70MB) and then the 4.4.4 update (~6MB) which is the latest. Some folks have been able to upgrade this to the developer/beta version of the 5.0 system. I haven’t tried that yet.

Per Google design, this contains no microSD slot. Google wants to use their cloud storage.

I would not buy this product. It is not that good. I would go to Amazon, and look for a Samsung tab 3 or 4. I like buying Amazon Warehouse deals used like new.

• I do like the Nexus 7 2013(32GB)tablet,but there are not any sales.

Been using mine daily since they first came out.
Love it.
However, mine reboots itself about once a day w/o warning. Has always done this.

“Glad” to know I’m not the only one with the reboot problems. I assumed it was just one of the apps I tend to run.

In any event, I love this thing and keep wanting to get one of the woot! sales as a “family” one, but the wife thinks she’d much rather have a 10" tablet, so we wait.

My only regret is that 16GB whittles away relatively quickly. I’ve had mine since last winter and have been hovering around 1gb of space for months.

Can buy a refurbished 16gb 2nd gen. (2013 edition) at Newegg for $169 with $50 rebate and free shipping (and no tax)…Sorry Woot!

[MOD: Ours is Factory Reconditioned with an Asus warranty.]

Bought one a year ago. It sits in the closet because of the well documented touchscreen failure. Google or YouTube this issue before you buy. I’ve tried all the reported fixes, no help. Buyer beware of the 2nd Gen Nexus 7’s.

Mine did the same thing. It would either have rebooted or be powered off when i would pick it up after not using it. I sent it back to ASUS for repair and it’s been fine ever since. They claim they didn’t fix anything, but they did open it up.

I think the battery connection was just a little loose on mine. Could be the same issue you have.

The 32GB model is available for the next hour or so, over at Woot! Sellout, for a penny less than $170 + $5 s/h – hurry if you want it:

Since the Nexus 7 lacks an SD expansion slot, I think it’s probably worth the extra $ to get the additional memory, especially given the comments above… even though it kills me that it costs $30 more for only an additional 16GB!

I’m confused, Kev… the Galaxy Note II is a smartphone with a 5.5" 1280x720 AMOLED display, whereas this Nexus 7 is a tablet with a 7" 1920 x 1200 display. In what bizarro universe could the Nexus 7 be considered “small” relative to the Galaxy Note II?

At least with the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 you’re comparing tablets, albeit ones that are in different categories. And of course an 8.4" tablet’s screen is going to seem bigger than a 7" tablet’s one… the linear dimensions are only 20% larger, but that means the there’s 44% more screen area. As you point out, you wind up paying a LOT more for the Samsung’s features (not to mention non-stock crapware apps).

If you’re going to do a fair, apples-to-apples comparison, put the Nexus 7 (Gen 2) up against the best 7" tablet currently in Samsung’s stable: their Galaxy Tab 4 7.0

Not only does the Nexus 7 have a much better display, it has two to four times the flash memory storage out of the box (though admittedly you could add to the Samsung’s built-in 8 GB via its SD card slot), 33% more RAM, a slightly faster processor, and a better rear camera.

I think any way you slice it, the Gen 2 Nexus 7 is competitive, if not superior, to the latest Samsung 7" tablet.

I’m one of those strange people who believes that sometimes factory refurbs are of better quality (than new units), because they’ve been sent back to the manufacturer for some flaw which is then fixed (and tested to be fixed). :slight_smile:

That is, if these refurb units were from original stock that were returned for the touchscreen issue, it may not be a bad thing.

In any event, there seem to be a number of apps available to test for the touchscreen problem:

I certainly intend to run mine through a gauntlet of tests and to request a replacement should it fail. :slight_smile:

Bonus: 18 Nexus 7 Problems & How To Fix Them

This is not entirely true… While I haven’t done it myself, I know you can set it up to connect ANY size USB thumbdrive for extra storage.

Of course, I’m sure it involves Rooting the device, and possibly adding a custom ROM, but it isn’t hard as it sounds… I’ve done it with another Android device, and it was rather easy… Even easier, I believe, for the Nexxus devices…

Also… I happen to love, love, love the display on mine nexxus 7…

Joe_Breezy