Google Nexus 7 (2012) 16GB Tablet

Google Nexus 7 (2012) 16GB Tablet

DO NOT BUY THIS TABLET.

I bought this tablet brand new and I LOVED it.
However, it is now completely worthless. The hardware can NOT handle the OS updates Google has pushed out. I’ve factory reset it many times and taken everything off but the absolute essential apps and it still crawls.

I agree. I have the newer 2013 version of this same tablet and still use it on occasion. It was great when it first came out but 6-7 years is a very long time in the tech world and newer gen tablets are significantly more powerful and efficient. The latest Android operating system that is natively supported is v6 Marshmallow, which is a couple generations behind the newest operating system v9 Pie. There’s ways to load the latest Android os but you’ll need to do some tinkering and it’s not fully supported so some things won’t work properly. Also one of the biggest issues you’ll come across is the performance, the cpu if I recall is like 1.2-1.5 Ghz and less than 2GB of RAM which is incredibly slow. Newer gen tablets have almost 3 times the processor speed, more cores, and more memory. You will also run into issues trying to use newer app and games, the tablet may not be supported due to the older operating system and hardware. If you’re looking to buy a digital picture frame or something of that sort, this is definitely better than anything you’ll find at that price range. But if you plan to use it as a tablet, you’re much better off spending some more to get a newer gen tablet because it will make a huge difference in usability, performance, and accessibility to apps/games.