Google Nexus 7 32GB Tablet (Gen 2)

I have this tablet. It’s absolutely fantastic.

I very occasionally have minor touch calibration errors, but a reboot fixes them. It’s also spontaneously shut down 5 or 6 times in the 9 months I’ve had it. I’ve played with a lot of other tablets (I do QA work for mobile and web apps), and pure Android — like you get on this device — beats any modified version from other manufacturers.

However, unless you really need the 32GB, you might be better off buying new. The 16GB is $199 or less purchased new with a year warranty.

Bad deal. Get one new at the same price on Ebay (ooooohhhh Amazon adversary!) and free shipping.

LINK

Hard to compare 16 vs 32 gb. now this LINK claims to have a new 32gb for $140.60+ $14.95 ship.

I own this tablet. Mine updated from 4.3 to 4.4.2 when I received it. The other day it updated to 4.4.3 a bug fix. There are many sales on this product, and I would buy new. I brought this tablet from Amazon Warehouse Deals in January 2014. I wanted a discount, and a one year warranty.
I enjoy this tablet the battery life is great, and the display can be zoomed to make text easier to read. I did not like the Google Keyboard, and changed to SwiftKey.

Great tablet!

I believe that’s for the 1st generation.

That’s 1st Gen/Nexus 2012 Edition… Distinct specs & price difference. Not truly comparable.

(See ASUS 1B32-4G)

Android 4.4.4 update information available here for those of the savvy persuasion.

I see it in the specs but can someone confirm this does indeed have a rear facing camera? I know the older models only had front facing.

I just got the brand-new 4G version of this from the Mothership for $174 so not a deal here IMO.
Nice unit overall but the cellular stopped working after the upgrade was installed. Forums are lighting up about this issue.
No microSD slot either but 32gb is plenty for me.

Tell-tale sign is lack of camera on back. No rear camera means it’s a 1st generation model. Which also doesn’t have wireless charging built-in. I’ve got two of the 2nd gen units and Kidigi wireless charging docks. Working nicely.

I use mine constantly. Bought it new when they first came out. It now has the newest OS. But it still randomly reboots itself after about every 30 hrs of use. This has been a problem with the Nexus 7 version 2.

“Solve the problem or not having a tablet! Unless that lack of tablet wasn’t the actual problem.”

Or solve the problem of not having a proofreader. :slight_smile:

It is in my cart but I cannot purchase it???

And 2 days ago the 32GB refurbished was $159.99 with free shipping on eBay. Terrible deal here…

Last night,I checked Amazon for new products . Amazon has this product in Warehouse Deals used like new for $178.71.Samsung has new tablets coming to market June 26, and they had the four series not long ago. I am going to say look around before buying a new tablet.

4.4.4 is still in dev mode and you would have to manually flash the rom.

It will upgrade out of the box to 4.4.3.

And Best Buy: $159 free shipping
http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=7973091&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=7973091

Older model

Are you still having trouble? If so, try signing out and back into your account, clear browser cache or try another browser/device. Let me know if you still can’t get things to work.