Google Nexus 7 32GB Tablet (Gen 2)

Pretty good timing for me. I had the original 2012 Nexus 7 16gb which I bought right after it came out. I loved the thing even though it was slow to charge sometimes and I was constantly bumping against the 16gb limit. In fact I used my Nexus to convert to a paperless lifestyle.

However, it’s hard to dispute that paper handles somewhat better when falling off the back hood of a car and being run over. I remembered seeing this offered on Woot today and bought it as soon as I realized that the old one was toast. (Well, not toast. Kinda thinner, like a crushed cracker). Now I’ll have a 32gb Nexus that can be charged wirelessly, so no more worries about the charging port.

Note to all. The 2012 Nexus does NOT hold up well when dropped on moderately busy suburban roads. Not sure about this one.

Just thought I’d chime in that I bought this exact tablet earlier this year from Woot. It’s been absolutely fantastic. The battery life has been great, it runs very fast (which is the big issue with most other tablets under 500 bucks) and I really don’t have much negative to say about it.

The ONLY downside I’ve noticed so far is that it seems to charge very slowly, but I guess at this price point you can’t win 'em all.

This is an awesome tablet. It will run the developer version of Android L with out a problem. I currently am multi booting with the MultiRom app, Ubuntu Touch, Two other Roms as well as Android L. The only thing I don’t like is the lack of an external SD card. Other than that it is great.

Is this the latest model available of the Nexus? Just wanting to be sure. Thanks

yes

------> A total piece of garbage

Mine arrived the other day, and the touch screen responsiveness is a disaster; it is like using the old resistive style touch screens.

I contacted WOOT the following day and they responded today by instructing me to contact ASUS about the 90 day warranty; they dont provide any contact info; you’re on your own there (nothing in the box had contact info either).

So, in other words: Woot will take your money but bother the other guy for actual support for what they sold you.

Not a happy camper.

kobolila: I’m sorry for the frustration. Asus can help you get the item working where we can’t. If you don’t have luck with Asus, email CS again and tell them what you’ve tried.

Asus Support