Google Pixel 2/2XL (Fully Unlocked)(S&D)

Google Pixel 2/2XL (Fully Unlocked)(S&D)

Can’t tell if I want the 5" or the 5.0" screen size.

[MOD: LOL. I’ll ask them to fix the drop down]

Go for the 12.7 centimeter one, as the 127 millimeter one wouldn’t be good.

:wink:

1 Like

I recently bought a 2XL, and shortly after a software update wiped out my camera function. Apparently Google seems to know about this, but will do nothing about it.
Buyer beware.

Looking for some honest advice. I’m going to preface this by saying I am not at all a phone snob. I’m still rocking a S7. With that said, the time is coming for a replacement. Would this be a suitable replacement? I never buy “new” phones, so that this is already several years old doesn’t bother me in the least.

Buyer beware, indeed. I snagged a Pixel 1 from woot. Within a month or so an OTA bricked it. Wasn’t covered by woot/google so I was left with a shiny $100+ brick. Won’t be buying any phone refurbs from woot ever again.

Well that’s the second similar comment…I guess it’s off my list.

This is not much of an upgrade from the S7. Even if you aren’t concerned about power, features, or fancy hardware you should worry about security and software updates. This phone had one more update coming and then it is done. If it has any security issues or critical bugs they will not be fixed. If you can afford to spend a little more money take a look at something like the Pixel 4a. No frills but a nice long life of updates ahead. Or if you like Samsung they have some respectable mid-tier offerings. I wouldn’t look at anything “budget” as you will run into the same problems with lack of support as you would with an old device. Just my opinion.

My wife has a pixel 2, it’s been a good phone, but I wouldn’t buy one now, at least not with ATT service, unless you really need a phone and only have $150. Android 11 is rolling out to it now, which is nice, but that’s all you’ll get. it also has some call quality issues on att network in 5G areas, many non-5G phones are having the same issues. I’ve had to replace my Nokia 6.1 because of it since I depend on it for work.

I have had the Pixel 2 XL for 3 years now. Got it when it first came out. Best phone I have ever had and I was an early adopter of new phones for a long time. I did buy it from Google, so no bloatware and use Google’s Fi service (not as good as Verizon, but half the cost). However, the news is the support and updates will end this December on this phone. It is why I am currently waiting on the 4a5G to start shipping.