Google Pixel 3/3XL (Fully Unlocked) (S&D)

Got the phone set up. Runs a bit hot and I think something is wrong with the camera. While taking video, the image will randomly shake and there’s an audible clicking sound. Anyone else have this issue?

1 Like

Similar experience here. Just got the phone and while the screen and body of phone are in decent condition, there were 2 flaws I immediately noticed. 1 is the volume button - it’s pretty wrecked and remains pressed down and won’t work on “volume up” button hardly at all. The button is obviously physically smashed in so there’s physical damage and not just a switch malfunctioning.

The 2nd issue is the battery can’t be detected using a battery testing app. Unclear why - could be a replaced battery or not a genuine OEM battery replacement or could be something else messed up.

Returning this bad boy asap and will try another one to see if it is better quality. This phone just won’t work. Price is quite high for a malfunctioning phone. Not quite a “parts only” phone but a step down from what I think of in terms of “scratch and dent”. It would be like buying a used car that randomly turns on turn signals and headlights and honks the horn due to electrical system messed up even though cosmetically it is Grade A or Grade B.

1 Like

Hmmm… we returned one like that to a non-woot reseller about a week ago. Would be funny if this was the same phone we returned. The camera was really shaky and it made a weird thumping or clicking noise when panning rapidly. I don’t know what the deal is on these “scratch n dent” phones that are busted. Keep on reselling the junk till some sucker keeps the obviously faulty ones? Maybe if you never use the camera it’s no big deal for a $99 phone but who never uses the camera?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I just received one last night and the camera’s focus is completely shot. It’s permanently set for about 6" from the lens. I’m trying to get it replaced, hopefully the 2nd one is at least fully functional. And the Cosmetic scratch and dent seems to be a little forgiving for the condition.

1 Like

The one I got is nice and everything works great.
The battery seems to hold up nicely and charges fast.
Very minor dings and scratches on the edge.
The unlimited picture storage ends Jan 2022 for this phone.

1 Like

Yes, so anyone with even basic tech knowledge will be fine. Don’t open links from anyone you don’t know, & only download or stream music from highly reputable sources & u will be fine. My mom’s laat phone was a Galaxy s7 that hasn’t had an update in 4 years & she browses the internet slightly, but otherwise uses the phone the way i mentioned & has never had malware or a virus on the phone. I realize some people don’t seem to understand how to use a device without being wreckless, but i didn’t recommend those people use these. Anyone who is tempted to click on links in emails without knowing exactly who the email is from (nor how to tell), would probably be making a mistake using this phone after October. However, others can easily get use from this just fine.

The bigger problem for me is the condition of the phones. Both of mine came in very bad shape, so I’ll be returning them. Everyone should be aware you will have to be out return shipping if they decide to send u devices that can’t be charged, or have large chunks missing from the outer rim of the glass enclosure, as was the case with the 2 they sent me. Returning immediately & learned my lesson about buying “scratch & dent” online.

2 Likes

I ordered 2 of them and both arrived working and in good condition, really happy with them both. I also agree with the previous posts that the included cords/ chargers are trash. If you have a usb-c cord lying around or Qi wireless charger, I’d just skip the cables they sent and use that instead.

I ordered 2; 1 works fine, minor scratches, other than that I’m happy; the other phones battery life is horrible and something appears to be wrong with the usb c plug in as I have a hard time plugging in to charge.

1 Like

I’m sorry the one is not cooperating. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like

Bought two last week. They were shipped quickly and the phones looked great all around. However, the screen on one is burned in. Definitely not in original working condition. I’ve bought great refurbs from Woot before but this batch from this particular company is not good. A basic quality check would have caught this issue before making the customer go through the hassle of making a return (btw, the return seems unnecessarily complicated).

1 Like

Hi there. Sorry for the problem.

As to the return, there’s an extra step due to the Li-Ion battery that requires special labeling.

2 Likes

I received my Pixel 3, 128mb yesterday. It looks pristine. Everything works well. I can tell it was a Verizon release, and had a Verizon SIM card installed. I put my Samsung S8’s SIM in, it doesn’t work. I tried another SIM card from my carrier, nothing. It won’t activate with the Verizon SIM. My carrier is sending me new GSM and CDMA cards. What am I missing? I’ve read previously that Verizon phones took 24 hours to truly be unlocked (I’m on hour 16).

1 Like

I used the 10% off today (04/29) and purchased the Pixel 3 Xl today !

1 Like

DOA, no power, no charge. Waste of time.

1 Like

If you haven’t yet, please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like

Phone arrived in fantastic condition but the description is misleading the phone had burned in on the screen.

1 Like

I’m sorry about the screen. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

1 Like

Not true. I was running an Amazon Fire Phone from Nov 2014 to Aug 2018. That was on 4.4.4 . With various google services sideloaded to get google Play store to work, it was multiple years out of date. Never got hacked. It’s not rocket science-Verify links and dont download apps from publishers that aren’t known or familiar. Also, take a double take at some apps, there was a YouTube app for Amazon devices that was not published by Google last time I checked (a couple years ago).

Also, this is running Android 11, updates are all dated within the last couple months.

1 Like

Users reporting of camera shake issue–This is a known issue, Google it.

Mine shipped with android 11, security and OS updates are within the last 2 months after updating.

It is a really nice looking phone, feels good in the hand and the performance will outperform a lot of mid-teir phones on the market today battery isn’t huge and that’s really the only compromise you make (unless you like a big phone, but you’d get the XL for that).

Unfortunately, my phone has a battery or other hardware issue. I’ve already reached out for an RMA/return. The phone says it has good charge, but within a few minutes of using it, it powers off. Shows 0% battery when attempting to turn on, but then shows good charge and powers up once you plug it in (the charger/cable that came with mine were…the cheapest quality, I used known good equipment to charge).

1 Like

Thanks to everyone posting their results with these phones. Aside from the negative results people are reporting, the chance that it’ll be a Verizon model that has a locked bootloader (with soon to end OTA updates) has really put the nail in the coffin. Seems like too much of a gamble. Made the mistake of getting one Verizon phone (S7); don’t want to do it again.

3 Likes