Google Pixel 4 (Fully Unlocked) (NEW)

Google Pixel 4 (Fully Unlocked) (NEW)

2 Likes

:frowning: no 5g. I didn’t really expect it for the price though.

1 Like

…and no more updates.

4 Likes

It’s also by far considered the worst of the Pixel phones ever released. If you keep your eyes open you can pick up a refurb or NOS Pixel 5 for around the same price, and it’s a far superior phone. It does have 5G, will get updates for at least another year, and it’s easy to install LineageOS for when official Google support ends. My wife has one and she feels it’s the best phone she’s ever had, and she had the best Samsung had to offer before that one.

8 Likes

This model came out before 5G was ubiquitous

3 Likes

That’s not true. The 4L was a pretty nifty phone. My fav. I had the 1, 2 3 and 4. Then I switched to Samsung super duper 5g that sucks.

Just pre-ordered the 7Pro

1 Like

If you’re just gong to use this as a phone I suppose it would be OK, but without updates any apps you ight want to use could be rendered obsolete.

It’s really annoying that google only does three years of updates. Microsoft OS which is up to 11 just stopped updating 7 a few months ago.

1 Like

My 4 had a bad battery, which nearly caused a fire. I now have the 5, which has been excellent.

5 Likes
1 Like

Agreed on the update situation. As much as I generally don’t like Microsoft, their support for Windows 7 was phenomenal. I was also a huge fan of Windows Phone devices; to this day I maintain the interface (esp. WP8.1) was the best ever in any mobile device. When they dropped the Windows Phone platform I dabbled with custom ROMs on Android for a while but I missed the fluid and responsive UI and the (in my mind) superior integration between all the native apps on WP. I also distrust Google far more than Microsoft or Apple, so now I reluctantly use an overpriced iPhone just to get a sense of sanity from my mobile device.

2 Likes

if you buy a pixel 7 and trade in a 4, you get $300 trade in value. so you could buy this and essentially save $100 towards the cost of a 7

5 Likes

Been using a 4a for a couple of years. Awesome phone.

1 Like

What exactly is the 6.7 inch screen option? The 4XL? Or a typo?

1 Like

Typo. 5.7" is correct. It’s been fixed.

1 Like

I got $725 trade in plus another $200 to spend on other google products. So I’ll get the maxed out 7 Pro for around $400 and buy the new watch for another hundred and change.

I currently have the samsung watch and I really hate it. Not all thatin love withteh phone either. Lots of bloatware you cant delete

That’s kinda funny. So in a few months there will be more 4’s on here.

2 Likes

New. A phone that was discontinued over 2 years ago.

Man, somebody found a box in the corner of the warehouse.

4 Likes

If you are considering the Pixel 7, the trade in for the Pixel 4 is $294. So you can buy this phone and immediately trade it in and get a $94 profit.

2 Likes

that may be it indeed.

One small problem with that: taxes. Just looked at this and tax adjusted for me, if I did what was suggested with buying this and selling back for a pixel 7 pro, I’d only be coming out ahead by about $35-$40 assuming cheapest pixel 7 pro option. Still, you do get up to$200 on a pixel 7 pro pre-order through credits or gift cards depending on where you but so I guess there’s that.

1 Like