Google Pixel 4a 5G 128GB (Factory Unlocked) (NEW)

Google Pixel 4a 5G 128GB (Factory Unlocked) (NEW)

@manlapig @ThunderThighs @Mithrandir2020

128GB, NOT 126GB.

Dang, fast catch. Updated.

Thanks.

This is actually something which I’d want, but I’m probably gonna go a different route.

Tell me about it… here twiddling my thumbs for the 5a or 6.

1 Like

I might just wait for the 5a.

(Still using my 3a.)

2 Likes

Samesies here. Current rumor mill is 4a’s are disappearing off the shelves to make room for 5a, and the full on 6 will be more of a Q3.

2 Likes

This is only $5.01 less than buying it from Google directly… I don’t see the value here?

4 Likes

Yep, but you get exclusive woot packaging, possibly longer shipping times and a above average chance that the wrong phone gets sent to you

1 Like

I’ll never understand why someone would pay $500+ for the 5G version when the regular Pixel 4a is the real bang for your buck at sub $299. There are so many phones way better at the $500 range. At $299 the 4a is a great pickup but at $500 you’re paying a lot for a poor performance phone. Camera is good, display is decent, battery is decent but performance is meh at best for this price range. Just a short list of better buys at this range:

For the $500 range the Zenfone 8 has amazing performance, a great battery and a good display. For sub $300 the Redmi Note 10 Pro has a way way way way better battery, display, camera and performance. There is also the little heard of Poco F3 with top of the line performance, display and battery, with a meh camera but still on par with the Pixel. They also don’t charge you $200+ for access to 5g.

At $500 the “cheap” flagship label is long gone.

Now that CDMA is wrapping up, I fear that I’ll finally start using all the “funky” phones.

Not that that’s a bad thing, but I can’t see that being good for me financially.

:laughing:

I absolutely hate cell phones and the toxic market surrounding them. My wife is due to give birth next month and is paranoid that my crappy phone is going to prevent her from getting a hold of me. It’s the single reason I am currently looking at phones, but they are out of their minds with these prices.

I’ve never enjoyed a single phone since the HTC G1 released around 2008ish. The Note 4 was going to be my “last” phone until it took an untimely swim. Every year has progressively gotten more laughable to me on these prices and spec sheets.

1 Like

7 years ago I got an HTC G1 for fun.

Either the battery which I bought doesn’t work, or I killed the phone when I sprayed it with air freshener…

Was a great phone TBH. My favorite feature was the IR sensor which allowed you to control any IR device from your phone. Absolutely loved using it to control TVs at work or AC units.

Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro is one of the few phones out there still putting IR on their phones. I really do love what Xiaomi is doing in their price point.

I feel you. Cell phone shopping is awful. Congrats on the baby. I hope everything goes well.

1 Like

Take me along next time.

1 Like

I’m paying for one more month of Sprint. After that I’m not sure. I’d like to go to Verizon the week I’m off.

I’m with you on that, but it does look like Google is sold out: this might be the only way to get it.

1 Like

Still holding on?

1 Like

Yeep. 6 info dropped today.

… and 5a still seems to be a thing.

Right now the deciding factor is the price. Per the Tom’s article:

Google says that the Pixel 6 will be a “premium-priced product,” so we would expect it to cost considerably more than the Pixel 5, which launched at $699/£599. It’s possible that the Pixel 6 could start at $999, similar to the iPhone 12 Pro, but we’ll have to see what happens this fall.

so assuming a 5a will be considerably less than that I think I will jump to that.