Google Pixel/Pixel XL (VZW Unlock)(S&D)

Google Pixel/Pixel XL (VZW Unlock)(S&D)

You may have heard that Pixel is “made for Google Fi.” I encourage you to do your homework before using this or any phone with that carrier. Check out the comments on Facebook or the Play Store first. Their customer support is horrible. They placed an unauthorized charge on my credit card. I’ve tried to work with them to get it removed, but they won’t respond to the substance of my situation. I’m having to dispute it with the credit card company. In fact, the Google Fi people told me to go ahead and do that. I guess it’s easier for them if the credit card folks handle it, so they won’t have to provide support to their own customer.

But how’s the phone itself?

I got the Pixel 1 new from B&H last year. It feels a bit small in my hand, but I’m a big guy. I occasionally wish I’d gotten the XL. However, the phone is solid. Fingerprint reader on the back works great. Camera is good, but sometimes struggles to focus up close, like on UPC codes at the Safeway. The GUI has some nice features. Call screening is great-press a button on an unknown caller and the phone tells them to say their name and why they’re calling so you can decide if you want to answer. My wife has an iPhone 8 and I often have a signal when she doesn’t. Interfaces very nicely with my car, my bluetooth headphones, and my (many) smartwatches. I got the 128GB version so I have all my music on it, and I have a LOT of music. This phone just works. So…

INCIDENTALLY, don’t let this: Google Pixel G-2PW4100 fool you into thinking this is a Pixel 2. This is a Pixel 1. It just has a confusing model number.

1 Like

google refurbished? condition?

When it comes to phones being sold as ‘S&D’, it is hard to say what condition you’d get the phone in.

Some people could get phones which are in fantastic condition, and others might get phones in poorer condition.

1 Like

Agreed, by far and large. I’ve owned a Pixel since its launch back in late 2016, and the recent upgrades to Android 9.0 (Pie; the last new upgrade the phone will get before it goes to security patches only) have been really, really good. A shame that I’d have to side-load Android 10/Q onwards in order to keep up with the new features that Android will have in the future.

Hi there. These are refurbished by a 3rd party.