Google Pixel (Verizon and GSM)

These phones use OLED screens which are extremely prone to burn-in. Phones in the “refurbished” channel are often quite burned-in, particularly at this price point.

Curious if Woot has a policy on this but that’s my major concern with a refurb of this model.

They are also about a year from Google pulling OS support, and do not have an unlocked bootloader (so no LineageOS support/etc), and there is no MicroSD slot. Battery life is typical for a thin flagship phone (~1 day) and the battery is integral to the phone. The camera is reportedly one of the high points of this series.

Be careful with these. Android’s 8.1 update broke a lot of Pixels. Google won’t admit it.
I currently have a Pixel (of which I am currently using to write this) and ever since I updated to 8.1 my phone no longer makes or takes calls and actually freezes the phone when I try. The speaker goes out sometimes. The ability to take video is gone as of 3 days ago (as of this writing).
If you end up getting a Pixel - do not update it to 8.1. This isn’t the case with every Pixel so it isn’t a priority for Google to fix especially since they just announced their Pixel 3.
I was outside my warranty by 1 month and Google refused to do anything about it because I didn’t get their extra protection. I never thought I would have to get protection to protect against their updates though.

The Pixel 3 isn’t being announced until later this year. By Google I/O they announced the first beta version of their developer preview for Android P (which had an alpha build until this point).

Tell me something; if you try voice dictation, does it work or not?

If not, then it’s a hardware defect and not a software defect.

And yes, it’s connected to videos not working.

Works like a charm. Send me a PM if you want a Project Fi referral code that’ll save you $20 on one of your bills. (new Project Fi customers only)

Yes, it will work for Sprint.

Here’s an article to explain about compatibility.

(Side note: Because of the way it’s phrased in general, when I would look for Pixels on eBay, I’d see that sellers would say that it cannot be used on Sprint, which is incorrect.)

Anyone know the condition of these phones or “refurbished” phones sold on woot in general? Are these actually refurbished by Google or cleaned up a bit and resold? If anyone can shed some light I would appreciate it.

These are grade A refurbished.

The holding down the center “button” for the assistant to come up? Sometimes it works. Mostly it freezes the phone and causes it to restart which then loops and never starts up.
I JUST NOW received a call that I didn’t pick up (for reasons stated above) and the phone crashed and went into the endless bootloop.

Wow… Not much love here. In my opinion this is a great deal. The phone can be used on every carrier to my knowledge is guaranteed updates for longer than most. I have a Pixel XL refurbished scratch and dent model from a previous Woot deal. Other than the fact that I ordered the Pixel and Woot sent me the Pixel XL instead I’ve been perfectly happy. I’m already running Android P with no problems whatsoever. No screen burn in issues. Battery is great especially after updating to Android P. Now I’m debating getting a Pixel and give my XL to one of my kids. I prefer smaller phones.

Per the vendor, 80% is the threshold.

Again, this can mean many things… I can clean up my current phone well and sell it as “Grade A” refurbished. is this refurbished by Google or cleaned up nicely by a third party?

Is this phone compatible with a Death Star? A friend of mine is going to be there for vacation and was curious.

Provided that the Death Star is in the US, then yes.

does this work in other countries? with other carriers?

How was the condition of the phone when you got it from Woots last sale? I know that one said “scratch and dent” so its a little different but still wondering what woot is selling. Thanks.

Looking at all the specs, the LTE bands as well as the GSM radios, this will work in just about everywhere in Europe, I’m in Italy.

Hi guys,you reckon this phone would work outside of the US being that it is unlocked?
Also,I hear Verizon branded phones being loaded with bloatwares,are these refurbs free of bloatwares? If not,can they be easily uninstalled? Thanks.

There were several white specs on the phone body. This is the black model. No visible damage or scuffs on the screen. With a case it looks like a brand new retail phone.

What is the model number. I’m trying to see if this will work with republic wireless

Both US models (for each Pixel version) work on all carriers and MVNOs.

Republic Wireless will be compatible.