Google Pixel XL 128GB (Fully Unlocked)(New)

I can’t remember what color it was, but there is a plastic film on top of the light blue part. The plastic film has marking around the USB Part and no where else. Hence, why I think it has been used before.

All, I have checked with Google support and got the similar response that the warranty had expired on Jan 31 2019 on the phones I ordered. Awaiting further details on the warranty of these phones on here from woot/Amazon.

Otherwise the phones do appear to be in new condition. Not sure of battery status as of yet.

Could it be that woot has pulled the item off the shelf until it is figured out by woot, confirming with thier supplier if these are actually new and include 1 year of warranty from date of purchase from Google?
Perhaps better to make the item unavailable for purchase than have a lot more customers upset by saying it’s new and has a 1 year warranty.
If I see an older product such as this sold as new and with warranty, I expect it to be delivered in the Same ‘new’ condition as when was sold as new at the time it came out, just as when I received my Pixel XL.

I am assuming that even though I purchased this with my CITI card to get the additional warranty coverage the fact that this isn’t really “new” will make that invalid.

CITI states that it will do an “Extension of the manufacturer’s warranty by two years” - based on it’s website.
The warranty expired on January 20th of 2019, does that mean it extends the warranty til January 20, 2021? Or does it means that since there is no manufacturer’s warranty on it, that it will not apply at all.

It’s not about what citi or other companies say. It’s about the fact that woot advertised these as new, with a 1 year warranty which we won’t be getting. Not sure woot’s source/supplier of these units, would be great if they received directly from Google (which probably weren’t).

I’m hoping we get news. Looks like the sale ended prematurely (or they legit sold out).
@ThunderThighs any word?

Mine came in yesterday. The packaging and phone looked brand new except someone had tucked a notice into the box saying that Google would not warranty the phone and that any warranty was up to the vendor. The battery charge was very low, but that’s likely due to the self-discharge since the manufacturing date.

Since the phone appears to actually be brand new it seems the best solution would be for woot to honor a 1 year warranty on it or pay for a 3rd party warranty.

I’m curious, what would be the reason the warranty wouldn’t be covered by Google?
Were the phones used and these are refurbished/renewed? If I go to Walmart buy a 5 year old vacuum, if the manufacturer still exists I should be getting thier warranty (unless that specific vacuum unit I bought was previously used by someone and warranty assigned to them), no?

I reluctantly opened the box in the hope the the phone was at least looking like new as some have stated. It was quite obvious someone had tried to reapply the plastic coverings around the phone. You could see smudges and dust in between the cover and phone body. Ridiculous… If I wanted a phone like this I could have gotten off of Swappa for a lot less.
Item is going back.

“…regarding your recent order for the Google Pixel XL 128GB. We recently realized that there were some errors in our listing.
Firstly, this item was incorrectly listed with a 1-year Google warranty. We will replace this with a 1-year Woot warranty. Additionally, this item was listed as ‘new.’ While the phone is new, the packaging has been opened by the manufacturer and therefore should have been listed as ‘new, open box.’”

Hi all. Sorry for the silence but I needed to wait until we worked out all the details.

Everyone that purchased should have an email now. If you have yours in hand, you can keep it with the $40 refund or return it at no charge.

If yours hasn’t shipped, you can choose to keep the order as is with the $40 refund or we can cancel the order for you.

If you have any questions, contact Woot customer service.

Very sorry for the errors on this sale.

2 Likes

Is it really new then? I don’t have a problem if it really " new, open box". But no if it refurbished set. So TT, can you clarify this issue?

I went over the one I received and it does indeed look new and not refurbished.

It should be new. The box was opened by the manufacturer to remove certain materials (warranty).

If you’re unhappy with your phone though, please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Thanks. I’m happy with the resolution and plan to keep the device.

1 Like

Has anyone installed something like accubattery to check on battery health?

Accubattery shows my battery as new and 15% above stated capacity

I had the same experience. The box was open but the phone looks new. Software version N0F26V (February, 2017) with OS version 8.0.0 and security patch level of September 5, 2017. AccuBattery gives an estimated capacity over the design capacity (3450 mAh). Unless the battery was replaced, the phone appears to be brand new. I plan on keeping the phone.

Thank you Woot for providing a 1 year Woot warranty and a $40 refund. I believe that to be a fair trade off.

1 Like