Gorilla 16,800 mAh Battery Pack w/LED Screen

I got one of these last time around and it works great. Charge it up before a conference and then can recharge my phone and my tablet as needed throughout. I can recharge my smartphone 3-4 times with this which usually gets me through the 2 day conference with no problems. Taking it with me camping this weekend.

Gee, thanks, Woot. I just purchased a charger from you that I haven’t even received yet, and you’re already offering a better one for the same price. Yeah, I don’t feel screwed AT ALL…

[MOD: Sorry but that happens sometimes with Daily Deal sites. You’re getting it today though. And yours has a flashlight!]

Use Code 79ZD7SJM on this to get $10 off.

There’s this thing you can do called “research” - woot (for that matter, any ‘deals’ site) generally has a way to look through previous deals. This particular item has been up 4 times previously. Had I been in your situation, I would have waited to see if this came back around, or looked for a higher mAh pack, if that’s what you needed. Just sayin’.

Here:

I got a white version in a previous boc and I’m quite happy with it. It helped keep multiple Android phones charged on a golf trip in Northern MI where service was spotty and the phones burned through a lot just trying to find a signal.

With my phone, I didn’t pay close attention to which port I was using and both seemed fine.

A buddy has a Samsung Galaxy S3 (maybe S4) and his would charge off one port with the screen on, and then stop when the screen turned off. Flipped it to the other port and it charged without issue. It seemed like a phone issue more than a Gorilla issue.

Exactly what mine is doing - the 2A port works fine, the 1A port stops charging when the screen goes off; the 1A port continues charging if you keep the 2A port charging. Given that my phone is always going to be primary if it needs charging, I’ll have it on the 2A port anyway; when it’s done charging, I’ll switch whatever else I’m charging to the 2A port, so the fact that the 1A port won’t charge by itself is moot.

I went ahead and changed your post to a more accurate statement. Ios 7.0.6 came out in feb…even new math places that at 5 months ago, not several years and those quite a few updates have totaled 3 with the latest being 7.1.2 with .3 due in august some time.

Do you know if this will charge my surface tablet???

It does seem like a solid choice. The reviews of that thing are a sea of bold, black text… didn’t think Amazon allowed product titles that long.

i always think i want one of these, but whenever there is a deal i just can’t pull the trigger.

not sure when i would actually use it. we used to go tent camping, but now have a baby. that’s the only time I think this would come in handy and since we wont be going for a while…

I was looking at that one, then I found http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FDLPMH2

Reviews are good, $36, 50 Ah? Wow.

Might that be even better?

Probably the best item I have purchased on Woot. I use it routinely – great for travel. Makes a great Christmas gift!

I don’t go camping, I bought it specifically for traveling and mobile hotspot use. I don’t know which airports people frequent, but every time I am waiting for a flight the very few charge stations or wall plugs are taken up by people playing Flappy Birds and loitering doing nothing. This is a great alternative when the phone starts running low and greatly extends the mobile hotspot life that drains the battery fast. After 2 hours as a mobile hotspot my unit only went down to 85%.

Great power retention too, I didn’t use it for a few months after first charging it and it remained at 100% the whole time.

I have one of these, and also their 5600 mAh model. They work great. The 5600 one will do 3.5 full charges of my iPhone 4s. The 16800 seemingly lasts forever. I use them to charge devices while camping. Also, I carry the 5600 in my bicycle bag to charge my phone / GPS on long rides. It lasts the whole month between charges. I also use it to charge my phone on flights so that I can take lots of pictures and videos in-flight.

The adapters that came with the battery packs will short out the battery (at least the iPhone 4s plug did). Use your OEM cables and these work amazingly well.

I purchased one of these a while back. It works great! I use it for my Samsung Note II phone and several android based tablets. The one thing that I dislike is that it is heavy!! It does hold a charge though. I charged it three months ago and it is still at 100%.

I bought this a short while ago. I love it. It does take a very long time to get to full. It seems like no matter the power brick I use, it only charges at 1amp.

It works great, I can charge my Note 3 several times to full with it. Yes its heavy and bulky, but its a giant battery!

If I needed another, would buy again.

oh…also a flash light on it.

One of my better Woot purchases. The initial charge took a while, but after that, it’s worked flawlessly. Now, if only they’ll bring back the Sansa MP3 players!

Takes a bit of time to charge, but it’s the Swiss bank of power banks and can charge many things on one single power bank charge. All that for an amazing price compared to many many others.

Question- when you charge your note 3 do you use the cord that came with it the usb 3.0 ? I am just wondering I have read reviews on other charging devices that say it does not work well with that cord

My experience with external batteries is to consider your likely use case. I bought a larger Anker similar to this piece some time ago and discovered it just was too big for my now-and-again need. I didn’t regularly need to charge up several devices out of something in a shoulder bag - I needed to keep from running empty with something I could have in a pants pocket.

I’ve been much happier having several smaller load batteries I can simply keep around and shove in a jacket pocket. Something more the size of a lipstick than something playing-card sized (or larger) like this.