Gourmet Cedar Grilling Planks 12-Pack

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Gourmet Cedar Grilling Planks 12-Pack
$9.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

At least these are the approximate size and shape as a touchpad. Good enough for those of us who like to pretend.

Jeez, more tablets?

Dear woot, please stop showing me food pictures. I’m on a diet, and the food pics are making me poor tummy rumble!

OMG its the HP Touchpad Woody Edition! HURRY

THAT’S IT! I’m going planking.

Are these reusable?

I have some of the cedar wraps from the same company (the ones that Woot! seems to always have on sale)… while the cedar taste is nice, it’s a little TOO strong for my taste. So maybe these are better. Or worse. But at least they come with pre-printed instructions.

Can I use these in the oven?

I got these in the April Fool’s Day bag of crap. They worked really well this summer! Made me some of the tastiest steak. I’d say it is worth the money.

You can reuse them, but like all cedar the aromatics will fade eventually. Then they stop giving flavor to the fish (or whatever else you put on it). I’d wager 2-3 good uses out of each.

Yes!

In a way. The first thing you cook on them gets a bit of the cedar taste. The second thing you cook gets a little of the first. The third gets the second, and so on. So you get woody fish, then fishy steak, then beefy chicken, with an ever increasing hint of charred wood.

You should only reuse them a few times.

how long would it take to cook on this?

Woot is trying to sell cedar planks for oven baked recipes. The most complicated recipe I know is dialing 7 digit number of pizza delivery.

Now THIS is the kind of planking I can get behind!

sweet I’m in, I’m going to try making some Chickalmoneak

Cedar planks are NOT reusable, unless you’re cooking at fairly low temperatures. Though you could use them as serving platters, I suppose.

Can you use them in the oven? Technically, yes, but it can’t be too hot, and you’ll have to check on them.

Ideally, you want to soak the planks for at least four hours in water - overnight is preferable - and then put them on the grill. Side of sockeye, one part dijon mustard, one part brown sugar and you have an epic salmon BBQ. Usually good to also have a spray bottle handy to wet down the wood if it starts charring.