Gourmet Nut Spice Rubs, Set of 5

Gourmet Nut Spice Rubs, Set of 5
$19.99 (Normally $49.00) 59% off List Price
(1) Gourmet Nut Zesty Lemon Spice Rub, 3.5 oz.
(1) Gourmet Nut Spice & Herb Spice Rub, 3 oz.
(1) Gourmet Nut Sweet Tooth Dessert Rub, 3 oz.
(1) Gourmet Nut Sweet & Smokey Spice Rub, 3.25 oz.
(1) Gourmet Nut Cup of Coffee Rub, 3 oz.

Website

I wonder how long these will last once opened. I don’t red meat as much as I used to. I love the Fruit and Dessert Rub, that’s darling.

I’m going to get this out of the way… Nut rubs… Hooray maturity!

Any clue as to potential allergens in these products?

We don’t eat meat often here either, but many meat spices go fantastic with grilled & sauteed veges.

Found these on ebay for $44.95! That includes shipping and a free gift, but this price is much better by far.

I asked both questions earlier in the day just in case (I know you guys).

The Gourmet Nuts rep says that the spices are mixed and packed in a nut-free facility.

Spices don’t really expired.

I agree with the expire part. I’ve had spices around forever. As long as you keep them closed and dry, they stay good.

Edit: Ok, “forever” was an exaggeration. A while. How about that?

I,too, wonder exactly what’s IN these. I realize they’re probably some kind of secret recipe but even patented food items have to list their ingredients. Are there really nuts in there?

I agree with the expire part. I’ve had spices around forever. As long as you keep them closed and dry, they stay good.
[/quote]

I have to differ on that part. If you’ve ever had parsley or chives around for a year or more then bought fresh, the difference is shocking. Fresh ginger is much stronger than old ginger as with most other spices - they loose their potency… but these jars are pretty small so I’m not worried! I’m buying three - one for me and two to spread around… I mean gift…

Two great reviews

I don’t think I can say that my nuts are truly “gourmet”, can I still use these?

I got these last time around and I like them. Props to the company - one bottle arrived broken so I emailed them and they replaced it and threw in an additional bottle (different flavor).

Uhhhh huh huh huh…huh huh huh—he said “nut” rubbing spices

I went to their website to see which organization gave them their kosher certification, but no luck. I did find their descriptions of these mixes though, here.

hehe nut rubs

They may not “expire” but they will lose much of their flavor over a 2 or 3 year period. After a while it will taste like you are eating dust…

I need to know the ingredients too . . . we have some unusual food allergies in my family. If these are free of ingredients we’re sensitive to, I’d definitely buy them. But I won’t ever buy any food product without a complete ingredient list . . . too risky for us.

I have to differ on that part. If you’ve ever had parsley or chives around for a year or more then bought fresh, the difference is shocking. Fresh ginger is much stronger than old ginger as with most other spices - they loose their potency… but these jars are pretty small so I’m not worried! I’m buying three - one for me and two to spread around… I mean gift…
[/quote]

Parsley and chives are herbs, actually, not spices.

I also want an ingredient list. I’m looking for sugar (real or artificial), HFCS, or preservatives and chemicals.

How much sodium?