Graco Head Wise 65 Convertible Car Seat

Per the specs:

Date of Manufacture: November 2014
Expiration Date: 2021 (7 Years From Manufacture)

Graco Rep- The Head Wise 65 does feature our new In Right LATCH attachment. Makes attaching to your cars LATCH points much easier

I will be checking postings from time to time today, so if you have any specific questions, please ask away!

I don’t understand why this car seat would be for convertibles only.

To the Graco Rep: I have the Graco Infant/Toddler 40 seat. Is this seat comparable when RFing? I’m 5’7" and my husband is 6’1". I have a 2009 Acura TL.
I’m wondering about leg room.

TIA!

Cute comment! The Head Wize 65 will hold a newborn child rearward facing from 4 to 40 lbs and then converts to hold forward facing child from 20 to 65 lbs

It sounds like you currently have a ComfortSport model. The Head Wise will take the same amount of room in the RFing position. For best positioning we would recommend the middle of the rear seat

Okay, I looked up the seat I have. It’s the Click Connect 40. Is your answer still the same on space? I have the seat on the driver’s side and it is barely comfortable for me when the base is fully extended out.

Does this come with the base? Does it need a base?

The Click Connect 40 is a rear facing only infant car seat. The Head Wise 65 is a convertible car seat that can be used rear facing and turned around to be used forward facing as a toddler seat. The overall platform is larger then an infant only rear facing car seat. Here are the Head Wise measurements. The base of the car seat iis 18.5" wide and 22.05" deep. The overall height is 23.4"

The Head Wise does not need a separate base. It is an all in one unit that starts as an infant rear facing car seat fro 4 to 40 lbs and then used forward facing from 20 to 65 lbs

Question for other Wooters: We have our older daughter’s Evenflo Triumph Advance LX in storage, waiting for our son to get out of the baby bucket. It “expires” in the next 6-12 months so we’ll be replacing it eventually.

Anyone have any experience with both the Evenflo Triumph and the Graco lines of convertibles? Can you share any pros/cons about each? We liked the Evenflo, but have no experience with the Graco. Thanks!

Which car seat is this actually? The 65 doesn’t come in the lowell pattern. Only the 70 does and it is the older verison of this seat. I already ordered but am curious now.

[MOD: See my post above.]

Is the headwise 65 the top model for the particular line of 65lb seats?

Thank you for joining us. We appreciate it when our vendors stop in to answer questions!

We have the Graco SmartSeat All-in-one car seat, Stargazer in my wife’s car, how does this one compare to that dimensionally in rear facing mode? I need to get a new car seat in my car since my daughter is approaching the 20 pound limit of her original car seat, and was wondering if I could use the one we have now to test the fit in my car before I buy.

Just to add onto this post. The Head Wise 65 is the current model. The new rugulations call for a weight test up to 65 lbs.

Graco Rep- Yes, the Head Wise 65 is our top selling model for this weight class of Toddler Car Seats

Graco Rep- The Smart Seat the you currently have will take a Toddler up to 100 lbs and is an excellent car seat. The Head Wise 65 model has a smaller profile and will fit in a wider variety of car models. To help you compare, the dims of the Head Wise 65 are 18.5" wide, 22.05" deep and the overall height is 23.45

question to Graco team: how comfortable is this seat? For a 25 lb 20-month-old who gets itchy on long journeys, will this have enough padding?