Graco Nautilus PLUS 3-in-1 Car Seat Rust

Can you give me an idea if your kids get good side vision? We have Britax Boulevard seats now and the side impact cushions stick so far forward our 3 year old can barely crane her neck forward far enough to see out the side windows.

Same boat. I need a convertible and not a 3 in 1. My wife has a very nice convertible, but i want a little bit cheaper one for my car since we use it less. She still fits the keyfit 30, but she definitely favors the bigger seat in my wife’s car.

Sorry- new to carseats. What does that mean? When do they 'Expire"

Great seat. Bought two about 4 months ago… at $160… Same color even. I would call it a burnt orange color. Side impact pads don’t stick out too far for my 3.5 yo to see around. He very much enjoys having the little cubbies in the arm rests for toys. This is a great price for a great seat.

Me and the wife had this exact car seat on the registry for the original price (basically double). Very happy to be able to get it on woot!

Expiration Date: 7 Years After Manufacture Date

only if you’re in a car designed before 2001 (latch system). It’s true, in the older days, having something under the car seat meant it could slide or you couldn’t get it as locked down as possible; with the “new” latch system (or LATCH I should say), that really isn’t an issue anymore. Graco, of all people, would know better.

but remember the latch can go up to certain pounds (check your owner menu) then you still need to use the seat belt to security it

It’s way easier to put the child in your lap

If the car seat was manufactured (made/built) October 2015, then it is good for use till October 2022. Except, in the event you’re in an accident even a minor car accident, then you’ll have to replace it sooner than that (which insurance companies covers).

FYI Manufacture Date: Mixed Inventory with car seats made between 2013 - 2015

These are great seats. We have 4 of them between our two cars. Two were bought before the recall and two have been bought since. Prior to the recall the buckles were grey. The replacements Graco sent were black, as were the buckles on both seats we have bought since.

I suspect that the discounted price has to do with a change made on the most recent models of the Nautilus. The last seat we purchased had a much easier adjustment for the strap height over the shoulders which no longer necessitates removing the seat to make the adjustment. It also has three slots for the crotch strap, as opposed to two on the older models.

They are probably trying to clear out the older style seats. This is a very good deal, I wish I had been able to hold out another month to get this.

Pay attention to the manufacturers expiration dates and do not buy used car seats.

All car seats expire now a days. Usually after about 6 years. That depends on the manufacturer. Some might be as many as 8 years. On the back of the seat it will state what date they may no longer be used after. Once expired, the seat needs to be destroyed and a new one bought.

Grammar NSDAP guy here. The line "Treat your child like royalty before they discover what royalty is,’ bothers the heck out of me. Child is singular and they is a plural pronoun. Use children instead of child or use he in place of they. If your quest to be PC results in bad grammar, you’ve gone too far.

I beg to differ on part of your point. I have a degree in English and have taught post-secondary English for many years.

The English language doesn’t have a neat way to say ‘he or she’, so I feel we should treat ‘they’ the same way we treat ‘you’, as both singular and plural. It’s a perfectly good solution and avoids the ugly he/she, s/he, he or she fumbles.

Yes, in this case ‘child’ could be made plural and it would all be neat and tidy–except–we don’t know if there is more than one child. If there aren’t, ‘children’ would be wronger than ‘they’.

‘They’ is a battle not worth fighting any more. I have long thought that it’s a fine solution.

Damn that was some fast shipping. Car seat looks great, will definitely put it to good use.