Grafix Acetate Film Rolls

Grafix Acetate Film Rolls

HEY! I used to be a stripper, we used this to register 4/c photo separations. The printing industry has come a LONG way since then. :joy:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Honestly, my mother once asked me “Is there ANYTHING else I can tell people that you do for your job???”

:rofl:

1 Like

2 Likes

The Fox made excessive amounts of cash in the graphic arts until the apple computers came along and let everyone be their own prepress department… I started out stripping but got tired of all the wisecracks so I transferred to the scanner department doing separations on the Hell 340 and uploading them for the SciTex workstation… I do miss the days when customers cared enough about quality to pay what it was worth.

I remember SciTex, Hell scanners and somewhere in the mix, ChromaCom. I can’t remember what came first though. I was working at a little separation place in Sacramento. I loved the process of stripping, that company and especially the next that I worked for specialized in prepping magazines. I was very detail oriented so it wasn’t long before I was given the job to double check all the flats for accuracy and separation register and moires of the screens laid down. I saved the company a lot of money. Film and proofs were expensive! God I loved that work.

I miss the old days too.

I have a funny old photo of myself pregnant as can be and wearing a t-shirt that says “I’m Proud to be a Stripper” (with Kelly). I got it at a convention, I think it was a company that sold vinyl sheets that you would use for basic stripping. I much preferred the finer art with acetate/orange masking sheets/rubilyth and such.

1 Like