Grant Sous Vide SVE26 Water Bath, Silver

Just purchased and was delivered today.
I needed a newer sous vide, This is of course professional/commercial size.
After watching and following many sous vide die-hards on youtube etc…
This is the ultimate deal or steal…
It is huge and only drawback is celsius and that is it…More for restuarant , but can’t believe this isnt sold out

Just received mine. Nice solid stainless steel unit. Will be great for racks of ribs, brisket, or a bunch of steaks. Tested right away and works great. Happy Wooter here. (And yes, also surprised they are not yet sold out.)

I might be a letting my noob show, but what is this for? I mean one comment made it clear it is a kitchen utility but I’m so confused as to why this is something I would want! Please enlighten me!

If you know nothing about sous vide cooking this is not for you.

I was in the same boat and came here for more info, but to little or no avail.

So, I did a quick google search of ‘sous vide cooking,’ and got the following from Wikipedia:

“Sous-vide (/suːˈviːd/; French for “under vacuum”) is a method of cooking in which food is vacuum-sealed in a plastic pouch or a glass jar and then placed in a water bath or steam environment for longer than normal cooking times (usually 1 to 7 hours, up to 48 or more in some cases) at an accurately regulated temperature. The temperature is much lower than normally used for cooking, typically around 55 to 60 °C (131 to 140 °F) for meat, higher for vegetables. The intent is to cook the item evenly, ensuring that the inside is properly cooked without overcooking the outside, and to retain moisture.”

So, does this not have a circulator? Aren’t you finding temps to vary by 10 degrees or more across the bath? Amazon reviews mention temp variation. When I use a something like this, I drop a $12 fish tank pump in to get temps to even out, but seems like an expensive tool to have to fix.

You are correct. I just did a quick check with water and no food when received. The heater element seems to disperse the heat evenly. My Sous Vide Supreme Demi does not have a circulator in the water either but is designed to move the heat areas and has worked well. Can’t say more until I actually cook with it. I have several sous vide machines of different design and am really happy with this one.