Green Eggs and Who

Technically, you could eat them anyWHEN. #tardis

Yes! Got one for my 10yr old son. My first Woot shirt purchase.

What THIS fox says!

I love your stuff Spirit. Great flavorful designs.

Honestly, I think this shirt is great for kids with dr.who lovin’ parents. It’s silly.

As an artist, It seems near impossible for a new comer to win against a popular designer who does a WHO design. It’s like going up against mike tyson’s right hook. That being said, It’s still pretty fun to submit designs, just don’t expect to win- do it for practice.

ANYWAY! LONG STORY SHORT- THE DESIGNS ARE AWESOME THIS WEEK! GO VOTE!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
As a derby voter who consistently sees the same stuff fog every single week, it makes me sad that new artists aren’t able to break through. Especially new artists who are bringing a new style and new ides to the derby.

I like my cute shirts. Hell, I own bunguins. But I miss some of the well executed surprises. (Not that my general opinion matters, I won’t buy Anvil… but do have an extensive hoodie collection.)

To this message, and one other talking about oversaturation of pop-culture, this is something that can be fixed by both creating and supporting the creation of original designs.

Because this is challenging to do through derby votes, it’s as the staff member said. You have to support the designs that break the mold. It’s only by doing this that Woot will take the time to accept daily designs that aren’t just stale pop-culture mashups or celebrity-driven pandering.

I know there have been a few daily designs submitted to Woot recently that would have been well liked in the past, but for some reason were no-go’s. This change in what Woot is looking for is a response to what actually drives sales.

It almost feels like those who liked the artsy, classy designs are the same ones who are so against the shirt blank change. When that group stopped buying, those shirts stopped being popular.

I’d love to see another shirt in the vein of Foxfall or even Leaf Break, just to provide some variety beyond Fablefire’s foxies. I also buy my share of non-fox shirts. Either truly clever video game references, artsy nature shirts, or sometimes original and amusing animal shirts other than foxes. I almost bought Catsup. I thought that one was amazing.

My point is, it’s hard to change the atmosphere here, the dynamic. In a sense, it’s up to the popular artists to change things, but in another sense it’s also the responsibility of the voters to recognize the issue in the first place.

Just please don’t go so far as to anti-vote. That’s hardly helpful to the situation. :X

Negative.
Argument being everything is Doctor Who or cute animals is based on fiction.
If you want different shirts to win, vote on the ones you like and spread the word; otherwise, keep your negativity.
I support the artists’ clever combinations and Woot for offering a channel for their expression. If you don’t, that’s your prerogative. Choose to leave or choose to affect change. Complaining about it here is pointless.

It’s a good thing that they can go to the current Derby with the theme “Grumpy” and vote for ‘different’ shirts if they want to make a change to shirt woot’s winning shirts… tell a friend to drop by as well! Votes have been down, lets get them back up.

Or don’t because I make mostly cute designs. Weeps.

I like the blending of fablefire’s style and Seuss.

Could you,
would you,
in a box?
With The Doctor
and a fox?

Clever. Cute. And has been mentioned: vote for what you want. Especially if you want different or to encourage new artists.

Speed to First Woot: 2m 6.991s
First Sucker: odawolf
Last Wooter to Woot: spyte14
Last Purchase: 5 minutes ago

First day sales 1378
First day posts 50
Votes 242

I WANT THIS, but not as a shirt - a tote bag!!! Please make this one of the options when purchasing shirts!!

Anyone else find the fox’s color is very muted on their shirt? It is no where near as bright as on my “Count to Pi” shirt by fablefire (which has the same blue background color.) Did I get a dud? It looks like it is nighttime on the shirt, because the color is so muted.

Was this purchased from the catalog? In general, DTG prints aren’t going to be as vibrant versus a screen print.

Now if it’s way off, that’s a defect. Maybe post a pic?

Thank you. Maybe that’s it? But, I think all my shirts were bought from the catalog. The “Count to Pi” shirt that I am comparing it too was in the same order, and I think that was a catalog shirt, too. Is there a way to tell by looking at my order which ones were catalog orders? Do non-catalog orders have a different price? I paid $11 for both shirts (both standard, not AA). Does that tell me anything? Hmmm… I’d like to figure this out, because if this is how all the digital prints are, I will avoid them in the future for pictures with bright colors, and if not, I would like to get a shirt that’s done right. I just feel like it’s not gift-giving worthy. I know my friend really wanted this shirt, and will be disappointed when she sees it, too.

I am not sure how to attach a picture (yes, I’m one of those people), and my camera is really skewing the colors anyway. You can tell that the two shirts are very different colors in the pictures, but the camera is actually making the colors look much brighter than real life.

This is my first time ordering from Woot. I ordered 9 shirts, and this is the only one that had this problem. I tried contacting customer service, but alas, they are saying they can’t help me because it’s past 21 days. :frowning: I’ll have to check if that’s the case if we count that the package arrived waaaay past the due date. (Had to give an IOU as a b-day gift, even though I ordered way ahead of time.) They gave me a coupon as an apology for that without me even saying anything, which was nice. If it is over 21 days past when it arrived, I don’t think it’s much over. Isn’t that the way it goes.

I may be out of luck on this one, but I would still like to know if this is normal for the digital prints or not.

Thanks for taking the time to help! :wink: