Green Grotto 12: Better smelling than a dumpster fire

light up a celebratory cigarette! :smoking:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Yum! Grill it! Saute it! Blanche it and wrap it in ham!

6 Likes

It’s in the fridge until Thursday. I’ll use it then, probably grilled with olive oil and sea salt. By then I may be able to harvest a few more pieces too.

8 Likes

too much to handle olive oyl GIF

9 Likes

izzat like an enema?

5 Likes

Black Girl Love GIF by Shalita Grant
OMmmm Ommmmm I can’t hear you LALALA LALALA OMM

8 Likes

lol NO PEEKING

5 Likes

I know I started this stuff too early, but it got me through winter. I’m taking my mom to the greenhouses on Friday. We would like to beat the mother’s day crowds. I don’t know if we will, but hopefully it won’t be so hot in the tents.

The insurance is kicking Grandma out of the home on Thursday or Friday. We ordered a lifeline thing and she’ll have home health visits. I’m not sure what else we can do. Dad’s brother isn’t much help. I’m sure the neighbor lady will visit. Her husband died. She’s still in shock. It’s so sad.

So stress. So much stress. But we’ll get through it.

10 Likes

I am so sorry for your Grandma. It seems that everything people work for all their lives, some entity is trying to snatch it away in exchange for mediocre care. My neighbor had to go into long-term care her last two years of life, her son, who owns the home (thank goodness) had to dip into her annuity to pay them five grand and some change for a semi private room. It’s nuts. I understand the costs involved, what I don’t understand is why they pay so little and hire people that don’t care.

6 Likes

Because it’s largely been privatized and you can’t make a profit paying workers.

And when it’s not privatized, people don’t want to pay more taxes to pay workers what they are worth for those jobs.

It’s a mess.

7 Likes

YES we did! Squeaky clean and balanced!

7 Likes

What a day!

My boss is on vacation this week which leaves me in charge. For some reason as soon as that happens the universe conspires to throw the most crazy weird shit my way.

Good thing I’m unflappable!

8 Likes

It certainly is a broken system. There are always ads for the places around here looking for all kinds of positions. I remember the night my mom fell out of bed. I don’t know how long she had been on the floor, but the CNA said to me, at 3 AM, and I quote, “Ya mas on the floor, she said her leg hurts, want us to call rescue?” No dumbass, bring her a shot of tequila. I know they have to call, but my mom was in her right mind, she didn’t have to have an attitude with me. God knows how long she laid there. Her roommate had dementia so she couldn’t help her.
Mom was beat up also while she was in there.

5 Likes

“The problem with capitalism is that it fails before it even started.”

It’s a system in which rich people invest in other peoples ideas and get richer. I have a great idea. But I need an investor to do it so I get one for 90% of what I need. Then that investor gets 90% of the return on my idea. Spread that over several generations of hand-me-down money, add in a completely broken patent system that weights towards corporations, and you realize that America isn’t so great and never will be and this idea that we can all somehow feel better by occasionally patronizing a small local entrepreneur and that will fix everything is exactly the kind of nonsense that keeps everything right where the rich all want it.

I am horribly sorry for your mother, though. That sucks and you have to stay on top of those places and the people that work there.

5 Likes

Thanks. That fall ultimately is what took her life. She never recovered. I can’t place blame on the facility, as she had such brittle bones and was 88. Once she became bed-ridden, she gave up. I think that generations to come will bankrupt these places as we know now what their ultimate end game is. Our preparation for our advancing age will be much better than theirs. My parents took it for granted that I would quit my job to take care of them.
That would have worked out fine, except we would have been homeless.

6 Likes

I wish that were true, but I don’t think it is. If we have more money, they’ll simply take more money.

Which leads to another major problem in America. Everyone wants change, but they expect someone else to do it.

5 Likes

Well, we are more informed today, and we don’t always take NO for an answer. My parents were part of the Greatest Generation. They didn’t go to the doctor for a lump or a constant pain. My dad went around with prostate cancer a good 4 years before it spread everywhere and took his life. Why? Because they just thought a doctor was another expense. When I was a kid, they never took us to a doctor, or dentist. I have breaks in my arms and legs that healed the wrong way because I didn’t get medical attention.
Today, when something is off, we tend to get it checked. Modern Medicine is here, my husband is living proof of that. He should have been dead 15 years ago. Now because of research, he is slated to live a normal life expectancy.

4 Likes

Sometimes I still want to.

4 Likes

Poof I have quit 21 years ago and I smoke in my dreams. I wake up gasping for air LOL

4 Likes

NOOOO DONT DO EEEET

some1 has to turn these greens into whores!

5 Likes