Green Grotto 12: Better smelling than a dumpster fire

Scratch (Bo) passed today. We think he was at least 20, so it’s sad but not unexpected.

12 Likes

aww man. :frowning_face:

6 Likes

I know right?

He had a good run.

He started life as a patio kitten. I still lived with my parent’s in those days and I would let him and his two brothers in the house when no one was paying attention.

Bo never wanted to go back outside. One day my mom found him in her flowerbed and he was really sick. Bladder crystals. We got him to the vet in time and he’s been a house cat ever since.

8 Likes

Oh man Pepper I’m so sorry to hear that. Losing a companion is hard but losing two in about a week must be really tough. Very best wishes for you as you grieve.

6 Likes

Yeah. It’s been a shitty week.

My house feels weird without Roscoe. He died last Friday. Bo today.

I’m just low.

It’ll be ok. I know it could be worse.

But it’s still shitty.

9 Likes

RIP Bo. 20 years, wow! You we well loved to live that long.

6 Likes

aw, Bo was also beautiful.sending extra love & hugs.

5 Likes

is that the girl who weighs like 50 lbs?

3 Likes

I had a kitty named Beau who looked a lot like your Bo. He passed in 1999 and I still miss that cat.
So sorry, pepper. :cry:

6 Likes

Dang Pepper :cry: , June is not faring well for you and your family. I am so sorry. Twenty is very old for a cat, and it sounds like your family made his life a great one.

7 Likes

I want to use Will’s favorite gesture for you putting that song in my head.

5 Likes

I think that Steve Perry would approve of Big Lucille.
In 1981, on a booze cruise in Hawaii. He changed the words somewhat to Lights

When the lights go down in the city,
And the family has gone to bed.
Than the roaches come out in the kitchen,

Get the Raid, get the Raid, get the Raaaaaiiid

He sang the whole song changed, but I don’t remember all the changes. That was 40 years ago and a few buckets of rum!

4 Likes

Anyone here know anything about antiques?

3 Likes

What type?

3 Likes

:hear_no_evil:

4 Likes

I got a piece listed as a cushman desk/vanity and I’m just wondering if it’s really an antique or what it’s value is. I don’t know that I care that much; to me it’s worth the $40 I paid and the project it’ll be restoring it to use as a sewing table. But here it is before I started working on it.

5 Likes

They are old

5 Likes

So are we all. Does that make us antiques?

4 Likes

So sorry.

5 Likes

Absolutely. Maybe not worth much though.

4 Likes