Green Grotto 13: Please wipe your feet, this our home. (Also, stay off the grass!)

Inhale Breathe GIF by Your Happy Workplace

2 Likes

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

2 Likes

howā€™s you knee today @hot72chev

4 Likes

I had yogurt for lunch and thatā€™s usually enough sugar to wake me up. Itā€™s not working.

1 Like

Maybe Mercury is in retrograde?

2 Likes

Iā€™d say Iā€™m running at pain level 4 to 6. No stabby stabby pains yet. They usually come in the evenings. Had a terrible charlie horse last night in my GOOD leg, on the outside, running up from my ankle bone. Donā€™t think Iā€™d ever had one there before. Ouch!

Iā€™m leaving work earlier today to try to get my internet fixed at home. Prepared for hours on the phone with Verizon. If they donā€™t make me happy, I might just breakdown and call Comcast/Xfinity to try to get some real internet.

4 Likes

Itā€™s gotta beā€¦this week has been f*ed up six ways from Sunday.

5 Likes

Been there.
Every year, I dread the day before my b-day. It has had bad things happen on it.
Once I blew myself up, once a dog bit me (still have the scar), and there has been other thingsā€¦
So, I tread lightly (more lightly) on that day.

4 Likes

Best Friend Zilla will tell you - I have ā€œbirthday stressā€ at least the entire month before my birthday. I usually donā€™t peg it as such until she points it out. Whatā€™s up with that?

4 Likes

Maybe it connects to the stress, pre-birth. That last month before you are born has got to be a little more stressful for the baby. From the stress hormones in the mother, dealing with being VERY pregnant, to the infant beginning to develop parts that have no function inside the wombā€¦ Itā€™s got to be a strange/stressy time.
Maybe that stress carries a deep memory in us all.

1 Like

Makes total sense to me!

1 Like

that reminds me, I was woken up last night with a cramp in my leg, too. forgot all about it until I read your post!

UGH

1 Like

I think birthdays are only fun until youā€™re about 25. I get super stressed around mine. I think itā€™s a combo of getting older and older and older and being the center of attention. I donā€™t like either.

3 Likes

So youā€™re going to just leave us with this?

4 Likes

He had posted the story earlier. I think itā€™s in GG12.

2 Likes

Like I remember 2 threads ago.

Oh, wait. This isnā€™t really 14, itā€™s 13.

Still forgot.

7 Likes

Basically gunpowder, cup, match, big brother influenceā€¦ Day before I turned 9, hospital for a week.

7 Likes

After yesterdayā€™s banananananana
I forgot to post thisā€¦
I think this needs to be a staple on woot

5 Likes

Invited to dinner at friendsā€™ house. She asked for dessert. Iā€™m trying something new. Screwed it up. 2/3 of mixture for crust, 1/3 sprinkled on top. Missed the 2/3 part, so the crust is going to be a little thicker. Made the crumb mixture I make on apple pies for the topping. Fingers crossed. Also forgot the eggs need to be room temperature and butter has to be softened.

6 Likes

Getting the butter properly softened has always been tricky. Not a fan of leaving things out on the counter.
I usually lower the power of the microwave or use defrost to soften without melting.
You could probably set the butter in a double boiler, just with warm water in the bottom, not on the stove.
I never let my eggs come to room temp. prolly should I think it matters more when the other ingredients need to stay warmā€¦ The cold of the egg can make the butter start to solidify too soon.

1 Like