Green Grotto 13: Please wipe your feet, this our home. (Also, stay off the grass!)

Maybe all of our chakras need balancing? Or our zodiac signs are in the wrong house?

5 Likes

Thereā€™s a story thereā€¦

3 Likes

Science is now saying that the first three months of an infants life is being called the fourth trimester. A baby actually needs 12 months to grow in a womb to cope better with the outside world but, unfortunately, humans are unable to sustain a pregnancy that long nor able to give birth to babies that large.
Thus they are stressed, crying, jittery, etcā€¦

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one who did things like thisā€¦I am sure it will still taste good!

3 Likes

I cut the butter thin and set it on top of the toaster oven under one of the hot under counter lights. For regular butter, I always leave it out, but this was unsalted and I keep it in the freezer.
I also always buy jumbo eggs, so have to mix and measure how much of that.

3 Likes
4 Likes

My microwave has a soften featureā€¦but I just let it sit on the counter. It wonā€™t go bad or anything. There are even special things called butter bells to allow you to keep butter out all the time.

4 Likes

Mine just sits out in a butter dish. Iā€™ve read lots of articles that itā€™s just fine to leave it out. I wonder what changed. Maybe like pork can now be pink and never used to be.

4 Likes

deja vu

GLITCH IN THE MATRIX AIIEEEEEE

4 Likes

Itā€™s so odd to leave things out. I think we have all gotten so scared of things going bad and making us sick that we put EVERYTHING in the fridge.
My wifeā€™s family/mom is like thatā€¦
Butter, bread, peanut butter, cake, etc.
My grandma put very little in the fridge. Half the meals would just be stuck in the stove and then get reheated later. Her sister left food out on the table for all the moochers that would stop by unannounced.
I got some fresh eggs from the neighbor and it totally wigged out my wife that we leave them out. I showed her how to test them in cold water to make her feel better about it.

4 Likes

Awww. Just kept reading. Brought a tear to my eye.

3 Likes

Our Easter eggs were left out on the counter for at least a week.
Thanks giving dinner was left out until people got hungry again later in the day.
(Iā€™m talking probably 60 to 70 years ago.)

4 Likes

I had to look up how long it takes for food left out, to have to POTENTIAL of making a person sickā€¦
I think itā€™s more than 2 hours. But then, if it is reheated, can that kill off anything growing in it, I am not sure.
I am sure it all comes down to how healthy you and your gut bacteria areā€¦

bacteria GIF

4 Likes

Reading the plot summary, that sounds very interesting. I might have to check that out.

1 Like

"In the United States, Salmonella is mostly treated externally.

"Before eggs are sold, they undergo a sterilization process. Theyā€™re washed in hot, soapy water and sprayed with a disinfectant, which kills any bacteria on the shellThe washing process may also remove the cuticle of the egg, which is a thin layer on the eggshell that helps protect it.

"If the cuticle is removed, any bacteria that come into contact with the egg after sterilization will more easily be able to penetrate the shell and contaminate the contents of the egg.

" Many European countries do not refrigerate their eggs, even though they experienced the same Salmonella epidemic during the 1980s.

ā€œWhile the United States implemented regulations for egg washing and refrigeration, many European countries improved sanitation and vaccinated hens against Salmonella to prevent infection in the first place.ā€

tl;dr if the eggs werenā€™t washed in the first place, you may not have to refrigerate them so much

3 Likes

itā€™s a short story, i forget if the story itself is much longer than the summary.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s the way the animals are handled now. They probably have to be more strict with vaccinating against worms etcā€¦

2 Likes

Here is what will wig you out moreā€¦fresh eggs arenā€™t pasteurized, giving you a higher risk of salmonella. If someone has a weak immune system, they shouldnā€™t eat them. But they are better for you nutritionally.

3 Likes

The only thing I leave out is peanut butter, sticks of real butter and honey. I only leave the butter out if we have made something we are going to eat it on like fresh baked bread, homemade wafflesā€¦etcā€¦

2 Likes

I leave honey and peanut butter out. All the oils and vinegars.

5 Likes