Green Grotto 13: Please wipe your feet, this our home. (Also, stay off the grass!)

Right, when I take care of the neighbors goats and dogs, etc. He tells me that I can have all the eggs I want.
Some are so filthy, and he doesn’t have a proper coop, just a pole barn, so the eggs are hidden EVERYWHERE. The downside is that I have no idea what is fresh and what is VERY old.
I read that fresh eggs can last a very long time before they start to go bad, but I am sure it is related to time and temp, etc.
So I do the water test on every single egg… but I can only do that water test RIGHT before I use them because it will wash of the bloom and then they will go bad on the counter more quickly. And what’s more is ALWAYS use cold water when doing the test, because warm water will drive salmonella into the shell.

3 Likes
2 Likes

i buy the kind of pb that seperates. after stirring i stick it inna fridge so it don’t seperate so fast.

2 Likes

Angry Cat GIF by memecandy

5 Likes

I still haven’t heard that song, and from what you all have posted, I don’t think I’ll put myself through it yet.

2 Likes

That is good that you are careful with the eggs.

3 Likes

I was all ready to do battle with Verizon over my crappy internet…got home, and it’s fine. Why can’t it be crappy when I have the strength to deal with it instead of when I’m exhausted?

So maybe I can get a 17 cent T-shirt tonight! What time is it on the east coast? 6:17 or 7:17? And where is the link?

@pepper114 : VM me, baby!

5 Likes

7:17

1 Like

YAY, thanks mbs. When do you get your VM badge? :smiley:

6 Likes

Every time I see “VM” I think something VERY different. The college where I advised the theater club for years used to produce the Vagina Monologues - over the 10 years I helped put it on we raised tens of thousands for a local women’s shelter - but to me, VM means “Vagina Monologues.”

4 Likes

Here’s a fun parenting story for anyone who has been there (or probably those who haven’t but still will find it quite funny):

My wife and I take turns putting the kids to bed each night. Last night it was my turn for my 6 year old daughter, and right before going to sleep, laying there, she asks me, “Daddy? What does a daddy give to a mommy to make a baby?” Ok, we’re doing this now… “Well, it’s called sperm, honey. The daddy gives the mommy sperm, and it goes into the egg the mommy has in her tummy, and that grows into a baby. It doesn’t always work but that’s how it happens.”

“Daddy? How does the daddy give the sperm to the mommy?”

8 Likes

hahahaha

No No No GIF

4 Likes

virginia mason
vowel movement
victory march
victor mature
valley medical

5 Likes

“volunteer moderators, honey. now go to sleep.”

7 Likes

vacuum machine
vicious mongoose
virgin mayonnaise
vacationing morons

5 Likes

victorious munchkins

5 Likes

Woot! playing cards up!

2 Likes

up?

1 Like

Well, I don’t know, dave – I was just going through the forums, and saw Wootybot and the playing cards. I figured they were just put up for sale. What do I know?

3 Likes

7:17 and the code is 17CENTS

4 Likes