Green Grotto 13: Please wipe your feet, this our home. (Also, stay off the grass!)

The Texas branch of Woot?

No. It must’ve gotten lost.

1 Like

lots of people tell me to get lost.

4 Likes

They may as well flatten the ones and start over here cause they’re such dumps

4 Likes

NOTHING IS WORSE THAN ATTIC

8 Likes

you’d quit if you had to work in an un-hvac’d dollar general but you’d keep working in an un-hvac’d attic?

5 Likes

Kurt & gf went in the pool today & look who else went in!!

10 Likes

despicable me fall sweater GIF

4 Likes

also, Mike put up some cool color changing lights & re-potted my palm trees :blue_heart:

10 Likes

It looks great!

5 Likes

It really does.

6 Likes

GOTZ TO DO WHAT I GOTZ TO DO

3 Likes

It looks awesome!

Multicolor Outdoor String Lights, 2-pack - $79.99 - Free shipping for Prime members Multicolor Outdoor String Lights, 2-pack

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. I don’t think I would’ve been a good parent.

When Oogie woke she thought sheets were over her head and asked…“Am I dead?”.

Surgery went well. He discovered a cyst in addition to the degenerated joint. That caused a lot of the pain she’s been experiencing. It was something that didn’t show in the XRay.

Her arm has been completely numb and unresponsive. When she swung her feet out of the car, so I could put on her shoes, her arm slipped out of the sling. She kinda screamed in a moment of panic thinking her arm was falling off. Gotta love those drugs.

She was able to go to the bathroom herself…thankfully.

I got her settled on the couch. And spilled the leftover root beer on the couch and floor.
We got her arm propped up to help keep the swelling down.

I went to the pharmacy and got her drugs. And mint M&Ms. And mint KitKat. And mocha KitKat. And key lime KitKat.

I set up a TV tray and reheated some Chinese (food).
She hadn’t eaten since late last night.

Then she had a KitKat while we caught up on Jeopardy!
Started watching Crime Scene Kitchen but everything caught up to her and she is sleeping.

Now I am watching ‘My Friend Dahmer’.

She’ll need to sleep on the couch to keep the arm elevated and not potentially roll on it.

Fun times ahead.

15 Likes

Sounds like everything went well! Eventually, she can sleep in a bed. It will be easier if she is a side sleeper. Nothing left but healing and PT. I did my own PT off diagrams.

Don’t let her watch the surgery on the internet! That was my big mistake…

4 Likes

She knows that.
She did it before they put a plate in her neck to fuse vertebrae.
She won’t do that again.

5 Likes

Me neither!

3 Likes

Glad to hear she’s doing ok. There are a lot of worse ways this could have played out and I’m sure you’re both thankful.

Be sure she doesn’t get back to work way too soon - I know she’ll try.

Very best wishes and healing vibes from all the greens!

7 Likes

I went through something where I had to sleep on my back and couldn’t roll over. At least what worked for me was a row of fairly solid long bed pillows down each side of my body on a regular bed. Like thick walls. I was essentially blocked in to the position.

I’m usually a side/stomach/side sleeper so it was really difficult. The prescribed drugs helped me pass out in that totally unfamiliar position. And usually I woke up still in the little pillow valley where I was supposed to be.

7 Likes

For Oogie, thinking about you!
It will be worth it!

6 Likes

I love how he strung the lights, using the planters!
I could do that!
And I have some of those big blue planters like your palm is in.

4 Likes