Green Grotto 14: It's like foreplay...and then nothing...

It’s that time of year; the yellow jackets keep chasing the hummingbirds off the feeders. Wish there was a way to stop them.

6 Likes

If you put out peanuts on a hanging peanut tray nearby, it will attract blue jays. Blue jays love to snack on yellow jackets. We haven’t had a problem with them making nests under our eaves since we started doing this.
Although, this year we were told to take down bird feeders for the summer, as there is a virus that is contagious and spreading from bird to bird in VA.

6 Likes

Male.

No kids, pets, or animal overlords.

And from what I can tell, I’m one of the younger ones (age wise). I believe that I’m younger than Pepper.

8 Likes

i am ready…
i keep in line 18 cats a day.

gonna go bring up to dave about furries now. lol

6 Likes

non existence.

the world as gone utterly mad.
and not in a good way.

6 Likes

lots of us miss him.
but if someone says something you don’t like and then you bail?
i thought he was made of sturdier stuff not so fragile… ya know…
maybe if i keep poking him… @no1?
stir up his gumption…
and / or at least Irritate the crap out of him
so he shows up just to betch at me! :green_heart:

5 Likes

i get very few pms… umm maybe that means something…

you should send me some just so i get some.

unless YOU think you are a terrible person…

why in the world would you let folks opinions or nasty comments affect you at all from strangers who don’t care about you at all?

#uck em.

5 Likes

keep digging scardy cat… lots of bizarre shit going on out there.

5 Likes

we wish.

6 Likes

this reminded me to call the carpet cleaner guy i get them done every year but i kept forgetting. so thank you.

5 Likes

this a great start and i thank you.

i take care of so many living beings…

and i wish i wasn’t just a little bit older than pepper. but those days are long gone. lol

6 Likes

sept 15…15th song 1970

5 Likes

Thanks for that lovely performance. Here is information about the actress (actor?) and diva. Different persons!

• https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/element-watch-entire-diva-dance-opera.html
  • “On screen, French actress Maïwenn Besco (who also goes by the much shorter name Maïwenn) plays the Diva.”
  • "The voice, however, does not belong to her at all. Those pipes are the sole property of an Albanian opera singer by the name of Inva Mula Tchako, and the name of the aria she’s singing is ‘Il Dolce Suono.’”
  • I thought the singing range of the singer across 3 octaves was astounding (listen and marvel). But it turns out there was post production assist in piecing individual tones she did sing together.
5 Likes

Who has the greatest vocal range of all time? Answers may surprise you. It did me. Sorta interesting and makes one want to check out their music:

It may not be complete there are some lesser known names and some men who sing deep base notes who are not on the chart.

3 Likes

There’s a woot-off today! Yay!

5 Likes

What time does the Woot Off start? I didn’t see anything on the main page?

2 Likes

Good Morning Greens! Another gorgeous morning! Will be watering this morning before work. Honolulu is removing the Stairway to Heaven. Seems it is too dangerous to remain. Now I guess I will have to find another way…
Enjoy sunrise!

9 Likes

Mornin Greens! Hump Day is here! Let’s climb over it, maybe we can get a glimpse of Friday?

Today’s WTF: The word “fizzle” used to mean a type of fart. In the 1400s, it meant to “break wind quietly,” according to English Oxford Living Dictionaries.

We call those “silent but deadly” or 'SBD’s".

Happy Wooster Wednesday!

fart GIF by happydog

8 Likes

Woot Off : We’ll run our venerable deal-and-crap gauntlet, the Woot-Off from 8am-10pm CT. Which means you’ll have lots of chances to score…

This is what’s printed on the list of the week’s activities.

7 Likes

Thanks!!

4 Likes