Green Grotto 15: It’s Going On Your Permanent Record

I feel like this up here went a whole different way.

I’m 23,171 words into my novel. It’s getting good, I can’t wait to see what happens!

Oh, right.

6 Likes

[quote=“benjaminleebates, post:7045, topic:910481, full:true”]

Who let the dogs out?

8 Likes

Are you a writer perchance?

3 Likes

[quote=“marlenestclair, post:7047, topic:910481”]

Where’s your head at?

6 Likes

I write, but I would not say I’m a writer, in the sense I’ve never published anything. Though for my ‘real’ job I do write features occasionally.

Edit: Depending on how this one turns out, I may look into publishing it. I actually like this one. So it’s probably crap!

5 Likes

Started a new game… Y’all inspired me.
Respond to each post with only song lyrics.

8 Likes

I’ve read about these guys who crank out $1 ebooks for AMZN and make a tidy sum.

Maybe @pepper114 and I can try that after we do the flowers thing.

4 Likes

Good idea!

5 Likes

Do I get to use big words badly?

4 Likes

Woot themed romance novel?

Monte the monkey stared at the big, juicy bananas…

5 Likes

I stabbed a guava

4 Likes

lol my collage writing professor used to thank me when I used obscure words…probably for $1 ebooks though…

I say just do it.

4 Likes

The best reason to finish writing a book

6 Likes

@notmatty writes all the Woot romance.

5 Likes

Might make you feel better to know I had to look up the word. I read a lot, pretty good education, and worked most of my life in a rougher male industry. But I’ve also never heard it before.

6 Likes

There is a Today’s Chat in here somewhere…

Mort: I’m working on my Woot romance novel.
Monte: Didn’t you already try writing one of those? And it ended up being all about a love of bananas?
Mort: What’s wrong with loving bananas?
Monte: I don’t think you understand the concept of romance.
Mort: Sure I do. Bananas, hot sauce, whipped cream…

5 Likes

Tomorrow is the book signing at the bakery for The Turdox. Much of it was written/drawn at the bakery. Sam’s mom works for Oogie.
He had it printed thru Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Turdox-Sam-Curfman/dp/B09LGV923X?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&psc=1

7 Likes

It does indeed. Thanks.

6 Likes

Good news. Saw the ophthalmologist today; my eyesight has deteriorated over the past month or so. It’s the cataracts, not the glaucoma. Yay! Not yet ready for surgery, but I’m not nearly as worried. Just love the peripheral vision test, said nobody ever.

14 Likes

6 Likes