Green Grotto 16: tl;dr

Choose wisely. Go for adventure.
jens-lelie-u0vgcioqg08-unsplash_0

8 Likes

Mornin Greens! The place looks great! First Weird Trivia Fact of the new and shiny forum!

Today’s WTF: Green is the color used for night vision goggles because the human eye is most sensitive and able to distinguish the most shades in that color.

9 Likes

I wish the talking heads would quit shouting out to “folks.” It is so degrading…you don’t matter. Listen to me.

Reality is. Talking heads don’t matter. Pay attention to your surroundings by yourself.

8 Likes

I never understood that

6 Likes

No, but that was pretty cool.

My dad rebuilt a music box (paper rolls) that mom inherited from her parents. Not that it ever gets played.

8 Likes

Twice. Then it (understandably) stalled when it got to TRJ. He’s better now and is sending it on its way.

Here is the thread. Brace yourself…

6 Likes

I’ve acquired pants. They’re the pair that falls off, but I don’t think the birds will care.

The caffeine hasn’t kicked in yet. I’m still looking at my socks.

6 Likes

You Can Do It GIF by GIPHY Cares

6 Likes

Again on a Saturday I notice my internet is simply zippy, as opposed to the draggy of weekdays. I’m convinced all the WFH (other people) slows it down during the week.

I’m curious if anybody else is noticing this? Or not?

Just me on internet here. Single family home. I’m retired, so not doing anything different on weekdays vs weekends.

8 Likes

Not. When I was WFH. But even on weekends, not. Gig goes a long way for us.

5 Likes

I see you loud and clear LOL!! We have about 20 things connected to our internet. The kids around us probably use more on the weekends, slowing it down. We are stuck with one internet provider, so there’s that…

7 Likes

I have a first generation Kindle Fire, it works beautifully…but now I don’t have a use for it. I am going to give it away…anyone interested?

7 Likes

Wow, brought out the Big Brother monitor. I’ve not seen that in 15 years!

1 Like

Great in theory, terrible in practice. Have you ever had a juice box explode in your purse, wurse, or murse? Skittles work great for me because it’s 1g carb per piece and they don’t leak everywhere. So long as I’m conscious and can eat, they work fine. If I’m about to be unconscious or can’t eat, I carry a glucagon shot that can be injected.

Not to mention, weight ratios.

8 Likes

I think it’s about 20. I made it to the garage. Fed the birds and the bunnies. Now I’m going to sit on my porch and laugh at my neighbor who continues to park on the street when it snows. He’s screwed.

10 Likes

For the first time since as far back as I can remember we have a layer of icy snow that’s just real hard to deal with. It’s between 1-2” thick. I scraped a path with my scraper so at least I can get down to the road, and over to the garbage and recycling bins.

Fortunately the Jeep doesn’t care about any of this. And my son and I just did a spin or two on the way to ninja class.

10 Likes

At least it’s pretty and the sun is out.

I’m day dreaming about ferns and dahlias.

12 Likes

I pretty much just shoveled the snow off the ice ball layer. I need a spud bar to crack that bottom layer today. The ice balls are comfortable to walk on so it’s fine. It’s fun when it cracks like ice cracking on a lake.

6 Likes

I don’t use condiments but have no issue with people who do.

3 Likes

Can’t say, I WFW

2 Likes