Green Grotto 18: We are in a constant state of reboot...

Used to be uniforms like the officers but that was discontinued after they realized it was causing a safety issue for civilian employees. Then they started doing polos and slacks but stopped that when they discontinued providing a clothing allowance to civilian employees. Now, M-Th, civilians can wear blue jeans and a casual top with sneakers. On Fridays, we can wear t-shirts so long as it doesn’t have anything someone would complain about (advertisements, large logos, political statements, or offensive text such as profanity).

6 Likes

Not that I’m aware of, but here’s a drawing I made once for Squirrel Appreciation Day which is January 21st every year…

9 Likes

Ooh share the recipe please? I love quiche!

5 Likes

We do too!
Mrs. D makes one every Christmas morning!

6 Likes

It was a quiet day today. LOL

No luggage for me. Bought some Prime shorts.

It is muggier than an NYC alley.

Oh boy! I love the AC!

8 Likes

@hot72chev

6 Likes

Here you go!

Pillsbury pie crust (I use a deep dish pie plate)
6 eggs (I use extra large)
1 cup half and half
1 cup shredded cheese (mac and cheese blend is really good)
onion (1/2 large or one small)
mushrooms, small can
meat such as sausage, bacon, or ham (I used 1 lb. turkey sausage)
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. sage
1/2 tsp. white pepper

Heat oven to 350.
Brown sausage and onion, drain
Bake pie crust 5 minutes, do not poke holes in it
Sprinkle cheese in bottom of crust
Beat eggs, half & half, and spices, pour over cheese
Add fillings (mushrooms, onions, meat)
Bake for 50 minutes

4 Likes

Thanks! Sounds great!

5 Likes

Just one this week for the positivity derby. We still like coffee, right? :slight_smile: :coffee:

COFFEE DAY

7 Likes

Hello all!
Happy Mothership Dayz :w_light: and Woot Birthday Bonanza! :w_boc:
Thankful I don’t need much though holding out for some good stuff this week. :crossed_fingers:
Good excuse is my birthday :partying_face: is at the end of the month. Right ?! :wink:

• Welcome @AHudgens! Hope you have a fun time Wooting here w/ us. We like jokes, games, food, a good gif or 2, and animals. Oh and Emojis! :cat2: :birthday: :w_happy2: :w_bananas: :wine_glass: :beer: :champagne:
10 Likes

I find it intriguing that the new giveaway was originally posted on May 18th…

and that @Froodyfrog only told us about it 2 months later :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, the good news is I remembered to bring home some markers from work AND I found a 16pc multi-color, low odor, fine point pack of markers in the warehouse for only $8.01 (taxes included).

8 Likes

LOTS OF COLOURS TO CHOOSE FROM!

3 Likes

Just copied and saved your Quiche recipe. Thank you!

5 Likes

I did my best to ignore your clues.
Screwed up the 4th guess but it got me somewhere.

Wordle 387 5/6
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

This is why the vast majority of my solves are 4s and 5s.

1 Like

Jen took some mental health time off so Oogie had to make the quiche (not what she wants to do…that is Jen’s thing).
She tried a new recipe.
It was a hit.

On the savory side…we made a new quiche yesterday :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Olives, green chilies, tomatoes,
green onion and a blend of Mexican cheeses.
Served with a side of salsa and sour cream.

May do it again this week😀

8 Likes

This is the type pan Oogie uses. They are deeeep. She also uses 10 large eggs.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-Pack-9-5-Inch-Round-High-Tart-Pan-with-Removable-Loose-Bottom-Non-stick-Carbon-Steel-Quiche-Pan/792068706?athbdg=L1700

…if you want to get serious :rofl:

6 Likes

That stumped me for a minute. It was a banner on the home page, but when I clicked it an error page came up.
It got resolved by the moderators and TT.

4 Likes

@mareli83 @cartr1

I mean, I have some guesses as to why there’s a shown 2 month delay.

It has to do with the 6 edits shown in the post.

2 Likes