Green Grotto 22: 💚 ROLL TIDE TITANIUM 22!!!

Thanks. So far it’s just a bad headache, fever, and my teeth hurt. Thankfully we were planning on joining dinner at another family’s home. Everyone typically comes to our house so at least there won’t be too much an interruption of everyone’s plans

10 Likes

My neighbors across the street both had it last week.

May you have mild cases and maybe you can have Thanksgiving a few days late.

9 Likes

Take it easy and rest. This stuff isn’t like the colds we had as kids. Remember when you felt like crap for 3 days then everything was fine again? What happened to that?

8 Likes

@moles1138

Is your wife’s bakery on Chestnut Blvd.? Or, did we send them to the wrong bakery earlier to-day? :grimacing:

Fault is on us because we couldn’t find the address on here fast enough. Friends of extended family were looking for a good bakery. They were passing through Akron.

EDIT: Apologies @pepper114. Clicked on the incorrect button.

7 Likes

MSO says I’m hard to buy for. He asked me to add stuff to my Amazon list and so far, the only thing I’ve added are those snow chains I’m hoping will go on sale pretty soon. I’ve never been big on asking for things and seriously don’t ever expect anything from anyone. If I need it, I just go buy it. He blames it on my childhood combined with my birthday being Christmas adjacent.

Whoever got me in the Green Team Secret Santa gift exchange, I apologize in advance for not giving you much to work with besides a bunch of allergies and a request for dry-erase markers. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I just talked with my daughter, she has COVID. Ugh, what next??

4 Likes

I get it, my birthday is close to Halloween and I despise it.

6 Likes

It might sound weird, but try brown gravy on mac and cheese or on fries. It’s actually pretty good.

1 Like

Poutine is similar.

7 Likes

@moles1138

Guess we compounded the mistake. The bakery they went to on Chestnut Blvd. was closed. They said they would try the next time they are near Akron.

4 Likes

Several of you have mentioned ribbon candy. What is that? Is it like a candy cane?

3 Likes

Sometimes the older tools or equipment were made to last, especially if you took care of it.

Great uncles and Great grandpas swear by the original Craftman’s tools (not the current ones in the store)…and Roebuck’s Toughskin jeans.

4 Likes

yes, but shaped funny.

6 Likes

They also come in fruit-flavoured ribbons.

4 Likes

Ooh I’d probably like that a lot and I bet it’s too many calories and carbs for me.

3 Likes

I think in the 50’s - Early 60’s they were all just red/white.

3 Likes

It’s looks like uncooked bacon but tastes peppermint flavored?

Nevermind, I see @gmcguire mentioned they also come in fruit flavors.

2 Likes

Yeah, peppermint bacon with a hint of sock fuzz to add texture.

1 Like

That sounds gross.

2 Likes

It was candy.
I’d eat anything sweet…
Really, the stocking fuzz did mostly wipe off.

3 Likes