Green Grotto 24 💚 The Home of Bunchies, murder bots, and....melons!

So just dropping this here as it hit a nerve, sadly…

I have a friend, former co-worker…and we stay connected on FB…she has started an all out front on ‘homophobes’…now that it is pride month…all i will say is 2 each their own…dont b hatin on others, especially on social media…all of us r unique individuals, and that is perfectly AOK…and thank God we live n a country where that is OK…

Ok…said and done… :smile:

9 Likes

I agree! Very well said. :clap::+1::blush::green_heart::confetti_ball:

8 Likes

Go Green!! Go Celtics!!

6 Likes

We just got back from the icee hut. I got Tigers Blood and Hubby got boring Cherry.

TB = strawberry coconut

7 Likes

Sounds delish! I splurged and bought a strawberry milkshake yesterday from Hardees…1st n like 5 yrs…soooo good…saved 1/2, n the freezer…

Watch out 4 brain freeze :astonished:
Memphis Redbirds Pain GIF by MLB

10 Likes

See, that is a REAL Icee!!! :green_heart:

Our was shaved ice. Island Ice, I think.

6 Likes

Okay, just out of curiosity, how old of a song constitutes as a throwback for Throwback Thursday?

6 Likes

Was disappointed in new job today. They’re doing insurance meetings and refused to hear my request for coverage of CGM as a Rx benefit. They were totally happy to add coverage for all those type 2 weight loss drugs though. :roll_eyes:

My out of pocket medical every month is ~$700 (33% of my total monthly take home pay) with the plan as is. Having CGMs added as a Rx benefit would have saved me $150/month and reduced the likelihood of me requiring emergency medical services when I pass out because I’m hypoglycemia unaware. Guess I’ll have to continue paying the minimum cash price of $170/month to buy just my CGMs so I can be alerted of impending death. :woman_shrugging:t2:

So dumb.

8 Likes

Ah hun…u tried…good 4 u! Sorry they r not on band wagon yet. Dont give up…keep trying!

3 Likes

They said try again next year. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

So…finally hay baling time (so much rain)…the hay is literally 4 ft tall…they will get a lot of bales off this cutting

8 Likes

Do ya c the purple martins (black dots) n the sky…??? They luv hay balin time…lots of bugsys 4 them 2 nab/eat!

6 Likes

If you go by the local radio station, 15-20 yrs. If you go by some of us aged-well Greens…30+ years. Ha!

Play what you want! :green_heart:

7 Likes

Shortly after I graduated high school? Are you sure you want me to throw back to then? :laughing:

7 Likes

I figured you people would be the only ones here could appreciate this, so I thought I’d share this with y’all. We found this little fella sitting in our yard yesterday. His mama and papa were right there keeping an eye on the little guy and squawking their heads off at us, so he’s in good hands, but… I just had to get a few shots of him. I didn’t see him today, so hopefully he’s ok.

14 Likes

Gotsta post a beautiful sky

And another with black dot martins feeding

11 Likes

Ahhhh…such a sweetie…what happened 2 him/her?

5 Likes

I think his (we’re going with his :man_shrugging:t3: ) parents kicked him out of the nest. Used to, that was how you taught kids to be self-sufficient. Anyways… lol… yeah. I looked it up to make sure I didn’t need to help him back to his nest or something. It said that as long as their eyes were open and they were moving around (he hops pretty darn good!) then that was what it was. Mama and Papa stay close by to keep an eye on him until he learns to flap.

9 Likes

Cool…we have something similar with the purple martins…the moms kick them out of the nest 2 make them learn 2 fly…some r over acheivers and fly off the bat…some land on the ground and need coaxing…they eventually get it :hugs:

7 Likes

Worked n the garage 2day…lotsa heavy lifting…then vacuuming…more moving $hit, heavy stuff…

Net/net, i blew my right arm out…again… :frowning:

8 Likes