Green Grotto 24 💚 The Home of Bunchies, murder bots, and....melons!

Sounds like someone took a statistics class in their past

2 Likes

soo what kind and how was your birthday cake?
very very happy birthday @dafrogman!!!
(thought the 28th was sunday…i am gettin old froggy…lol)

Frog Birthday Quotes. QuotesGram

2 Likes

it is sept 29th…
(had these set up for the 28th in honor of dafrogmans birthday…
they are a day late)

2 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @dafrogman Hope it was wonderful
Frog Michigan GIF

2 Likes

the dealerships are bectching that they have too many Crysler’s vehicles not selling on their lots.
and that the company needs to put out incentives and financing deals to get these cars moving.
but the company is not doing that…
his line friday 4 hours before they would get a full pay check…they sent them home on short work week pay… not his line but cancelled production a few days this week in other departments…
cancelled everything for next week… except repair and skill trades…
very messy stuff going on in the company…
workers say the plant has never been this mismanaged before…

1 Like

Nothing fancy - yellow sheet cake with chocolate frosting and gold sugar sprinkles… And candles - oh so many candles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Girly looked at it after it came out of the oven and said something like “That’s what we made?” with a little disappointment in her tone. For the kids we’ve always gone all out with something special like layers, special molds, fondant, etc. But it was good.

1 Like

I won’t get too far onto my soapbox about dealers, but I can’t resist. We’ve been really disappointed with the market over the last year or so, first with our van and now with my dad’s SUV. It seems like dealers have gotten more greedy/divisive especially since the pandemic.

For the van, most were thousands over blue book or just totally destroyed. One guy wouldn’t even let me test drive without working out a deal with financials first (I walked out on him because that’s ridiculous).

My dad was originally looking at used but ran into the same thing and decided to go with new, but in a way it was even worse - there was no supply of what he wanted so dealers were either firm on MSRP (which has all kinds of fees like destination, unnecessary “port installed accessories”, etc), or they had them but they were inflating above MSRP. Basically all dealers were requiring him to put money on the table up front to get on a list and wait for shipments, then while he was waiting they’d bombard him with upsell offers to get him one sooner but they were always higher trim levels.

A few years back when Tesla came in the scene with a “no dealers no middle man” type approach I remember seeing all kinds of reaction from dealers who were like “oh they’re cutting us out, that will never work” blah blah blah but it’s stupid they’re all after money.

(Sorry if there are any greens who participate in this somehow, nothing personal, I just feel like it’s an industry built on charging extra for things people need)

1 Like