green grotto, part IV

Yes.

Lysol gets rid of computer viruses.
Spray your computer with Raid to debug.

4 Likes

lmao

I am looking at the email sent by @othergreengodmother titled Secret Santa Match. It says:
Please aim to send your gift some time in the next 3 weeks - no later than December 7th.
I mailed my package today, and it should be delivered Monday. Meant to put a note inside,
but forgot and taped it closed. But just check the return address, I put faughtey instead of
my real name. Merry Christmas! :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

Is your real name revealed anywhere?

I went with a friend to lunch and then to wander around Samā€™s Club. Great place to browse at Christmas. Should have gone there first, there were at least ten items to sample. Wouldnā€™t have needed lunch. Surprised there were that many on a Thursday.

And to make my day complete, won one of those things from that other place.

5 Likes

No, it isnā€™t, only othergreengodmother knows :smile:

2 Likes

During small business Saturday, I got this set of fingerless gloves and a cowl that can also turn into a hat from an ig friend and gave them to my chemo nurse today! I was happy she fell in love with them and tried to pay me for them!! Iā€™m like no they are a gift for you! Anywho thought Iā€™d shareā€¦

8 Likes

Well Kathleen you know since I am head crochet queen here I am going to love them. What a nice gesture! Nurses have to put up with a lot, so I am sure you made her day. Getting handmade items is really nice!

3 Likes

I do! I love my special scarf! :kissing_smiling_eyes: those are my nurses colors and she adored themā€¦she totally didnā€™t expect it. It made my day tooā€¦sheā€™s an awesome nurseā€¦oh they had the World Series Trophy there and we got our picture taken! Hubs had the pic and the organization that brought it up took a couple of us too! Not really a baseball person but we love all of our teams in New England! I just no longer watch but it was very cool to see all those flagsā€¦we wondered if they were real gold! Surrounded by security too! LOL first time Iā€™ve ever seen a trophy from any major team up close. It was pretty cool for a not so cool dayā€¦hope I can get a car soonā€¦

5 Likes

Those are beautiful. I know she was happy you thought of her. She will always think of you when she sees them. Very fine crocheting. I brought home a gold throw from my motherā€™s house. She knitted two kinds of panels then attached them. When I hold it, pure memories and comfort.

4 Likes

My mother and I would go there for our lunch. Everyone one knew my mom, she was an habitual sample tester. We bought a lot of that stuff too. Always tasted different at home.

3 Likes

Record and a Beer time!

Walked uptown found a few things including this record:

And a Spaten Optimator ā€˜dopplebockā€™.

5 Likes

I like that I bought them from someone who really needed some business. She makes her living off of it, and is disabled. It blows my mind how people request she make something very specific like a stuffed moose she made and she created the pattern herself. Sheā€™s a sweetie who got a raw deal but sheā€™s trying and when I can help I do and if I canā€™t she understands disability pays nadaā€¦My nurse has taken care of me the last 13 years at this hospital so it had to be specialā€¦sheā€™s an absolute dollā€¦just hoping I get to continue after Februaryā€¦

6 Likes

Also got a nice nickel-plated #7 cast iron Griswold skillet for pretty cheap.
They didnā€™t make many nickel-plated ones I thinkā€¦

9 Likes

I love crocheted blankets. I can do hats, but thatā€™s my limit.

1 Like

I love cast iron and cook in them regularly. Iā€™ll have to get some pieces out. Some are my momā€™s, some I bought. I feel healthier with all that iron. Fries up some mean chicken, too, although my trend lately is to roast everything. Put a whole meal in the oven, really is good. Have not fried in awhile!

2 Likes

I know you will be here. How do you feel after today?

home! and opened a fantastic box from @daveinwarshington.

thank you so much for the shirt, jacket, bag and painters tape, lol. and if there were ever a week where I needed a friend to buy me a beer, this is it. put it in the fridge and will drink it tonight or tomorrow. your package totally made my day!

5 Likes

Yeahā€¦ I over-bought that one at Costco.
Itā€™s Mrs. Dā€™s favorite beer.
Still a case to go I thinkā€¦

2 Likes

No, nothing here. Have faith! They donā€™t have to be shipped until tomorrowā€¦

1 Like