green grotto, part IV

We sleep in a full wave waterbed (shhh, don’t tell Oogie I said that, she thinks she should be embarassed). At her parent’s house there is a firm mattress. We always wake to aching backs.

2 Likes

Somebody’ll get in trouble.

2 Likes

no kidding, can you say HIPPA violation?

4 Likes

working 3 days in a row is weird. I used to do that all the time at the old store, but my schedule is so variable at the new store it rarely happens.

at least I know it’s Thursday!

snow/rain mix for tomorrow am and then overnight Sat into Sun. I don’t think we’ll end up with much here by the coast. fingers crossed.

1 Like

Shit yes, Messy

2 Likes

my dad has a king size waterbed. he loves that stupid thing. I’m guessing it’s full wave, too, as it moves if I sit on it to pet the cats (they love to nap on it).

2 Likes

I was a little confused, lol!

1 Like

I lovelovelove waterbeds in the winter time, they’re warm, in the summer, they’re cool. My ex got it in the divorce.

Similar here. Snow tonight, 1-3 inches. Snow/Mix Saturday afternoon into the night with variation on how significant it will be. We’ll see what ends up happening.

1 Like

Damn, you ruined my image of you last night in that open in the back thing!
Good you could sleep. I would be like Marlene, brain would not be able to turn off. A fan and meds would be necessary.
Hopefully this will be the answer you need to get your sleep. Pretty sure it will be.

You Sooners take care of my sweetheart Jalen. I will be rooting for y’all. Prolly even if we play again. Hope he wins the Heisman and wins y’all a Natty! He is special, I cried. Turned the news off.

2 Likes

I am like that too! I don’t even lie down until I cannot keep my eyes open. I know I was not the only one growing up. My mom had bad problems sleeping. We just attributed it to her never ending coffee stream. I only drink coffee in the morning, not much caffeine any other time.
As a kid bedtime was murder for me. Especially before they added the den, then the tv moved farther away. It helped. My mom was always getting up and telling me to turn the light off. Too bad we had no reading devices back then.

2 Likes

My favorite too! But I don’t eat it anymore. Have some ruining in the freezer. Son bought it for me, had to tell him to stop. We can only get it at Dollar General. That and triple chocolate from Bluebell.

4 Likes

Yup, I haven’t seen it anywhere else for a long time either. I haven’t had it in a long time. I’m never able to finish the whole carton because a little goes a long way. Smith’s black cherry is my second favorite. Smith’s is in Orrville and they have a small shop beside their loading dock. It’s like those drug dealers you see on TV. Cash only, no eye contact, steep discount, lots of shame.

The big tubs you see at the dairy? $10. There isn’t a support group yet.

3 Likes

The cleaning guy keeps sweeping the salt off the steps. Wtf. It’s snowing. He’s got some weird issues.

5 Likes

We had reading devices, they were called flashlights.

3 Likes

My dad kept the only flashlight by his bed. We were not a two flashlight family. NO ONE touched his flashlight.
I never thought about buying one. I would have never slept then. Guess it was best, at 2:00am I should have been asleep.

1 Like

I keep a flashlight on my night stand too but there are others within the house. The kids know not to touch mine though!

3 Likes

I think flashlights and batteries weren’t a prevalent back in the day.

3 Likes

We were in the Scouts, and used to camp a lot, so we had us some flashlights.

2 Likes

My dad is still keeper of the thermostat. He’ll walk into my house, claim its too cold, and turn it up.

I keep my outrage hidden deep inside. My mom thinks it’s hilarious.

He still hasn’t found my power tool collection.

4 Likes