green grotto, part IV

Still coming down.
A lot of blowing snow. Even with the clouds coming from the southwest, the snow came onto the porch from the north/east. Weird.

Drift…

Maybe I should put the cushions away…

Birdie hasn’t left yet…

And we’ve only got one shovel here.
Oogie has the other at the shop. Shit.

6 Likes

Glad you are safe

2 Likes

Less than moles, but there’s ice balls under the fluffy layer. I shoveled off the porch and a little of the sidewalk before I quit and called in reinforcements. The ice wind is the worst.

Edit: neighbors garage needs power washed.

Glad you’re ok Cal!

6 Likes

That looks like my shed

2 Likes

All bundled up. Headed out to clear some snow. Will go until my back says No More.

3 Likes

If it is, I’m gonna power wash it this summer when you’re not looking.

That green stuff that grows on siding drives me nuts.

4 Likes

Wear two hats and gloves that still have fingers. I made that mistake already. I should have put my jeans on over some flannel pants too.

1 Like

The snow’s not real deep here, but can’t open the front door because of a drift. We had something I’ve never heard of before last night - frozen fog. Can’t see out of a lot of the windows I assume because of that. I think there’s ice underneath the snow, but not going out to check. Husband says it’s fluffy snow, might use the leaf blower on the front porch. The temperature’s 12, feels like -4.

5 Likes

Reinforcements have arrived. I’m staying home. It’s too cold to go outside again. I still haven’t warmed up from earlier.

6 Likes

I just love that! That is what good dads do! My dad would have done that for me too. When he and mama would come visit on the weekend, he would tell me not to mow my yard, he wanted to do it. I did not mind mowing but it gave him pleasure to help me. He would have actually been upset if I had done it.
I am staying inside today. 35, wind advisories.
My cats are all in. None of them like the cold. My dogs are coming in after they eat. Allie will not like staying inside, the boys will not fuss.

3 Likes

That is SO beautiful…in pictures! Enjoy, you guys are used to it! Be careful with your back, we don’t want anymore surgeries.

1 Like

yes, many of our patients taking these medications really do need them and benefit from them. but there are others who abuse them. I should have added I have seen people take them at the counter, before they drive home. I didn’t mean to imply that everyone who takes them is a bad person.

2 Likes

husband has been out for hours on the tractor, cleaning off the cars, and putting down rock salt. the man is going to be frozen solid soon! did I mention it is raining/sleeting? has been since a few hours after midnight. I think we only got maybe 3 inches of snow.

3 Likes

shit!

2 Likes

I just want to say that most days I come in here and read all the posts…so I guess that would make me a lurker since I don’t respond. :open_mouth:

I do however enjoy this group.

Since getting back from CA for my month long visit, I have been a bit busy catching up on work and healing from a nasty burn on my hand. Just now looking better after a month.

We got some snow here in Milwaukee, but only about 6 inches or so. Kevin (my husband) is working at home for school due to a fellowship grant, so HE gets to shovel. No “school” excuse this year. ha! Actually it is the weekend, so that wouldn’t have worked with this storm.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s a good guy and I love him to pieces, would just rather write than shovel.

To be honest, I would rather him write than do most anything except for shovel. haha

All your snow photos with the woodsy trees in the background makes me long for moving back to the woods. This inner city living is getting old.

8 Likes

The fences get that way. The shed…I need to re-side the west side. The wood is crumbling.

20190120_111839

3 Likes

Long Johns, hat (w/beard…thanks @marlenestclair), jeans, tshirt, henley, heavy socks, winter coat w/hood, heavy gloves. Almost too warm.

Do something nice for the neighbors, they’ll reciprocate. Tracy called and said I could come over and get the blower. 5hp of snow throwing power. Saved me half a day. Looks like we got 8-9" with some drifted to 18". Had some sun. Then is started up again. Sun’s back out.

Probably need to go out again later.

6 Likes

According to the surgeon…I can do anything I want. Can’t make it happen, can’t stop it. Doesn’t mean I want to try. A bit fun shy after the second one.

2 Likes

Happy Sunday, Greens! Hope everyone is safe and well. We finally got the heavy rain they had been promising overnight. Sun is out now, but wind is wailing. Temps supposed to bottom out in the teens/single digits tonight. Tomorrow to be brutal.

Imma gonna hit the sofa with a blanket, a book, and a cup of coffee.

6 Likes

We enjoy YOU, LindaG! Lurking is cool, that way you get to know us and our weird quirky habits! We love it when you stop by and chat, or comment, or post a picture of a goat. Whatever…

3 Likes