Green Grotto V: now 5x more pretentious!

Won’t actually get into SD for a few days.
It’ll be perfect weather! :sunny::thermometer:
And it’ll definitely NOT be in the 30’s or 40’s!

2 Likes

Boy that dough rose a lot. The center wasn’t done, so I put it back in. Too long. But it wasn’t actually that bad…

3 Likes

sweetie??? she is a real cat chev… LOL
she would have ate most of these.

3 Likes

ummm…….TUESDAY!!!

2 Likes

I wonder if @mbspell is going to the untappd beer festival?

Nice Cheerwine. Cool to see they are selling it outside NC now.

2 Likes

I approve of your thread title.

5 Likes

We have a local BBQ chain “Old Carolina Barbecue” that has had it in fountain over 10 years that we have been going there. Occasionally they have 12 packs of cans for $5 but they go fast. The 4 pack of bottles is available in a few groceries for $5-6 so I don’t often get it unless it is on sale. I’ve seen pix online of 2 liter bottles but never in person.

3 Likes

I’m surprised the stores don’t have it. They were making a big deal about going national a couple of years ago. Seeing the glass bottle reminded me of it. I haven’t bought any in a long time. I enjoyed it alot when I was young.

1 Like

Family got hit hard with the GI bug this weekend. Literal SHIT.

Had to take yesterday off to help with recovery effort.

Back in the office today. So much work. SHIT.

Will be another crazy busy week. I’ll see you when I see you, Greens!

5 Likes

Old Carolina has fish right now. It’s delicious.

2 Likes

I SAW THAT, AND WAS EXCITED UNTIL I SAW IT WAS IN NC. TOO FAR AWAY. I NEED TO SAVE $ AND VACATION TIME FOR GOING BACK TO JAPAN THIS FALL.

WE ARE THINKING OF A COUPLE DAYS IN HONG KONG AND A COUPLE IN SEOUL, TOO. MIGHT AS WELL CHECK A FEW OTHER COUNTRIES OFF THE LIST!

4 Likes

UGH

FEEL BETTER SOON AND GET SOME REST, MTN. I GET TIRED JUST READING YOUR POSTS.

1 Like

GOT AN EX RAID AT 1 THEN WORK UNTIL 9. MEH. I STILL DON’T HAVE ANY OF THE POKEMON EVENT SHINIES. WILL MAKE ONE LAST ATTEMPT AT DRIVING AROUND AND FINDING ONE BUT NOT TOO OPTIMISTIC.

ALSO FEELING OVERWHELMED AT THE THOUGHT OF BUYING TICKETS FROM BOSTON TO HONG KONG TO FUKUOKA TO SEOUL TO BOSTON. I REALLY NEED TO PICK DATES AND GET STARTED SOON.

I WONDER IF @CKLUN WILL COME BACK FOR HER BIRTHDAY???

2 Likes

LUCKILY I NEVER GOT SICK. JUST HAD TO TAKE CARE OF EVERYONE ELSE. AND A PUPPY. YAY.

4 Likes

Is it smoked?

STILL CONSIDERING COMING THIS WAY?

DID I TELL YOU ALL I GOT A LETTER LAST WEEK SAYING MY DEBIT CARD MAY HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED AGAIN? SO FRUSTRATING BUT THE STRANGEST PART IS MY BANK SAID THEY’RE SENDING A NEW CARD, THIS ONE WON’T EXPIRE UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH, AND AS A PRECAUTION THEY LOWERED MY DAILY LIMIT AT THE ATM TO $750. WHAT?!? I DIDN’T EVEN REALIZE I COULD TAKE OUT THAT MUCH AT THE ATM! AND NOW WE HAVE TO WATCH OUR ACCOUNT CLOSELY UNTIL THE NEW CARD ARRIVES? WTH?

2 Likes

YEP

3 Likes

“Calabash” style. It’s breaded with flour and cornmeal, seasoned, then fried.

The breading is very light.