Green Grotto V: now 5x more pretentious!

I also had a friend do that.

My late boyfriend is scattered over 3 states. His family sent some of him to the ocean on NC. I put some of him in my backyard, and some at the cemetery where my dad is and where I plan to be eventually. What was left I took to West Virginia with Bridezilla. We found a dirt road with no name and scattered him next to some Black-Eyed Susans. I looked up and had accidentally put him under a No Trespassing sign, which he would have LOVED.

Per our earlier discussion: Steve Pierce makes me want to be a better person. I think we can all strive to be a better person, even though we are already “good” people.

6 signs you’re a better person than you think you are.

Speaking of speaking at funerals and of Monty Python Flying Circus:

John Cleese (pictured) speaking at Graham Chapman’s funeral:

John Cleese]

“Graham Chapman, co-author of the “Parrot Sketch”, is no more. He has ceased to be. Bereft of life, he rests in peace. He’s kicked the bucket, hopped the twig, bit the dust, snuffed it, breathed his last, and gone to meet the great Head of Light Entertainment in the sky. And I guess that we’re all thinking how sad it is that a man of such talent, of such capability for kindness, of such unusual intelligence, should now so suddenly be spirited away at the age of only forty-eight, before he’d achieved many of the things of which he was capable, and before he’d had enough fun. Well, I feel that I should say: nonsense. Good riddance to him, the freeloading bastard, I hope he fries. And the reason I feel I should say this is he would never forgive me if I didn’t, if I threw away this glorious opportunity to shock you all on his behalf. Anything for him but mindless good taste.
(He paused, then claimed that Chapman had whipered in his ear while he was writing the speech):
All right, Cleese. You say you’re very proud of being the very first person ever to say ‘shit’ on British television. If this service is really for me, just for starters, I want you to become the first person ever at a British memorial service to say ‘fuçk’.”
― John Cleese
(Source:https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/funeral)

Some people, especially older folks around here, are “cemetery people”. They go, every holiday, every Sunday, every anniversary with flowers and stuff. If that makes them feel good, then have at it.

I tried for a while after my dad died, but I never found any comfort in it. I hope it’s not being disrespectful, but I just never go. He’s not there. He’s everywhere, and I can talk to him any time.

I feel guilty that I don’t do anything with my parents’ grave sites as far as flowers or whatever and I don’t want my kids to feel like that.

[/quote]

Come to think of it, they probably wouldn’t feel guilty anyway. Different generations.

I think that’s it. Older folks seem more attached to grave sites. Not so much the youngsters.

I don’t go visit my parents either. I don’t see the point of staring at a block of stone. Now many people do go every holiday and do the flower thing. I had a good friend, Luis, who was killed by a drunk driver when he was a teenager. To this day his mother won’t allow grass to grow on his grave, she loses her wits every time she goes to visit him (weekly), has a room dedicated to him, and only wears black. Understandably, it was her child, but its been 35 years. I think she lost it and never came back. She does have other children but he was the baby.

It’s not disrespectful.
I really do believe that a grave is just where your bones are laying.
I haven’t visited my Fathers or my Brothers gravesite in over a decade (or much longer). My Mother was cremated and my other brother sprinkled her ashes way out in the Pacific Ocean.
I’d want to be cremated & my ashes tossed anywhere is easiest for them.

I do want rock & roll played at the service, along with free microbrew beer and German sausages.

Put an album on.
Lazy Saturday.
I did go buy two lottery tickets, though.

The Allman Brothers. Brothers & Sisters album. Here’s the first 2 songs on side #1.

Also sipping an Elysian beer.

Too bad I already bought the winners yesterday, dave.

Powerball, baby!

I NEVER go. My mom never went, she said, why? they are not there. I am sure the place looks the same as I left it. A friend of mama’s made her feel a bit bad, so she gave her money and let her put flowers on.
I do not want to see the reminder of the loss of my brothers and parents, going through pictures is hard enough. I know they are within me, I cannot lose that.
They would not care a bit, I do know that, they never went.

My mom’s family does “the flower thing”. Growing up my grandma would always have seasonal flowers on her parent’s grave. Her brother split the cost I think. Not sure. Now no one does that one, but my mom and my aunt typically do my grandparent’s grave. I’ll occasionally do my cousins when it starts looking shabby.

My dad got tired of the mess my cousins would leave on grandpa’s grave so he got one of those bronze soldier status. It goes out before memorial day and gets put away for the winter.

Its just one of those “keeping up with the whothehellcares” things. Pine blankets for winter, spring flowers for Easter, summer flowers the week before memorial day, fall flowers, repeat. Ohhh and solar lights. Yeah.

At least there’s a poke gym and a couple stops.

threw in N’s laundry here where it was free, then had lunch and headed to Salem. dropped him & his stuff off and then walked for pokemon community day. ran into some friend from my raid group. N caught 3 in 40 minutes & went home. mr. mbspell and I kept walking. after I had 4 shinies we took a beer break (best part was bar was close to 3-4 lured pokestops!). then back out to walk. dang, the wind was cold. I ended up with 10 shinies, N had 4 or 5 (I kept catching for him so he could have candy to evolve). also did a raid with friends, and of course caught the raid boss for N but not me. then N bought us dinner at a new place. he got loaded steak fries for an app (had cheese, bacon and scallions and a side of gravy YUM) and I got fried chicken on a biscuit and a strawberry cocktail.

all in all a good day, and all that fresh air was good for me.

so glad to see the service was so joyous, and that there have been so many donations and petition signatures. hope you and Oogie are doing ok, moles. I know last year when my cousin passed the pain and realization would hit me out of the blue.

When my dad first passed, I used to take fresh flowers to his grave. I hate plastic flowers, blue roses and such. If anyone puts plastic flowers on my grave, I’m going to come back and haunt them.

I was the only one in the family who would step up and pay for a headstone for my dad. I got one without vases on the side. I heard some comments that family members “wished there had been vases.” OK, you pay for the stone and as many vases as you want. I paid for this one and I don’t want your tacky flowers here.

we used to visit my family graves sometimes when I was younger. I am of the feeling that my loved ones are no longer there, so I don’t feel the need to visit much. I know we plan to move south someday, and who knows where my kids will end up. I joked about wanting a fancy mausoleum, but really I just want my ashes interred and no one needs to worry about visiting me there.

I took a 2 hour nap today, not feeling the best. It’s either a cold or my allergies have caught another gear.

MamaChev made us a delicious ham & cheese quiche for supper.

We might clean the hot tub tomorrow, if it’s not too windy. We’re not much in the mood for that chore, but it must be done. I’m not getting much use out of the dang thing anymore and mom hasn’t been in it in years. We really should get rid of it before it dies, or we’ll have to pay someone to get it out of here.

did anyone mention the small rock or stone left at a grave sight?

If you see one left there, you know someone had visited.

If you visit you leave one.

A friend of mine posted this.
Welcome to Alabama in March

Winter is from 10:00pm - 8:00am
Spring is from 8:00am - 11:00 am
Summer is from 11:00am and lasts til 4:00pm
Fall is from 4:00 - 10:00 pm when Winter begins again

is everyone emotionally exhausted?