Green Grotto VIII: Release the Kraken!

I heard that headline earlier. Holy crap.

3 Likes

I’m still having problems finding things at the store. One store had no frozen peas, the next had no lunch meat. Can’t find a can of Lysol spray to save my neck. Did they stop making caffeine free diet Pepsi or something?

3 Likes

Are you in 'bama, @AnniKat?

Where is our friend @Calgaltoal? She’s a 'bama gal too!

2 Likes

I love mushrooms…how did you cook them?

3 Likes

I will look for all of those things tomorrow for you. I bought Walmart brand spray disinfectant the other day. Should’ve bought 2.

2 Likes

She is still at the Rehab Center. One of the Admins called and convinced me to let her stay awhile longer.
He said we could work out a payment plan. I told him we couldn’t pay anything until after July. Mom pays out her taxes every year in January, March, May, and July. So he said he would call sometime in July. I hope to get her out of there soon. Usually they want the money paid in full each month. One of the nurses has let Mom borrow her phone a couple times so we could talk. She sounded pretty good! Only thing is that she puts it on speaker phone, and listens to us. It might be because it makes it easier for Mom to hear. I hate speaker phones! I’ll just mention it next time, that it’s awkward for me to talk on them.

6 Likes

@sammydog01 you get your free slurpee yet?

3 Likes

The 8 inch fire tablets aren’t bad for the price. Probably fine for silly game things. Maybe splurge for the new “plus” model. It’s got 1 GB more RAM and you will be able to tell the difference.

I would go on the Mothership’s site to see if they have the game apps you want. FireOS is forked off of Android, but you can’t load the Play Store without some hackary. The Fire App Store is limited, but may work. You can also use the browser if the silly game thingy works on one.

I’ve got no experience with Android tablets, but if they are anything like Android phones, you are only getting an update or two anyway so the cheap-o Fire should last about as long.

The iPad minis are great but expensive. The used ones in the Fire price range are going to be so old that they won’t get the new iOS updates. On the other hand, a new one will last you 7-8 years

5 Likes

Oh, yeah…today is 7/11…I forgot.

3 Likes

Mom’s facility will set up a face time or zoom call if we want…Mom is not interested. She hasn’t had a haircut since February and doesn’t want anyone to see her in her present state.

They also have “through the glass lobby doors” visits sometimes if we want. She said that would make her too sad. We haven’t seen each other since March 11.

I would love to have her home, but she’s not quite ready yet. Several hurdles we have to clear before we get there.

7 Likes

Not yet. I’ve been buying 49 cent big gulps.

3 Likes

I have a fire 7 I side loaded the google play store on. I wanted the Chirp app for my audiobooks books. It’s slow.

3 Likes

Download the app on your flippy phone (if it even has apps) and you can get one. For the remainder of the month.

2 Likes

I’m getting a slurpee every day for the rest of the month. I’ll let you know how many points I make it up too.

3 Likes

I thought it was one slurpee total. It’s every day? I know where I’m going tomorrow.

4 Likes

One free but you get 800 bonus points for each slurpee bought in July.

2 Likes

Look at these huge maters!!! They’re gonna be ripe soon hopefully

6 Likes

Perfect for the squirrels, which is why I stopped growing them.

3 Likes

I just start shooting them. And I have a fence around the garden.

2 Likes

Just in butter and garlic.

5 Likes