Green Grotto XIX: šŸ’© Happens

That seems to be the consensus. But youā€™ll find nothing out.
That gives em time to clean up and hide the evidence!

4 Likes

I didnā€™t know you lived in Antarctica!!!
Holy Hades Lady!

4 Likes

Good luck Chevā€‹:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:
Best Wishes Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

9 Likes

Still holding up here, too.
Frost in the morning. had 53 as the high a few days last weekā€¦ Still no heat.

4 Likes

Mask Monkey GIF

2 Likes

Wordle 478 3/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
[/quote]

Wordle 478 5/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

2 Likes

hahahaha my errands included the bank and library, but realized on our walk (just beat the rain!) that itā€™s Columbus Day (aka Indigenous People Day) so everything is closed. lol

back to cleaning and chopping veg I suppose.

5 Likes

some things canā€™t be unseenā€¦

2 Likes

Well, my Green Friends, it wasnā€™t exactly the doctor visit I had hoped for. Heā€™s a good doc, did a very thorough exam, took time to answer all questions.

He said the tremor seems to him to be ā€œParkinsonianā€. I will have an MRI and maybe another type of brain scan to check my dopamine to confirm.

Iā€™m ok, I donā€™t think itā€™s really sunk in yet. And the further tests could always hold surprises, we just donā€™t know yet. Itā€™s an outside chance the MRI could reveal some stroke activity or some vascular problems and then it might not be Parkinsonā€™s.

In a way, I still feel like the same Chev that posted here this morningā€¦a girl with a shaky hand. Seeing a doctor and getting a name on it doesnā€™t really change anything. There may be meds in my future, there may be ugly stuff down the road, but that goes for everyone, doesnā€™t it?

I love you all for the good thoughts todayā€¦please keep them coming! :green_heart: :pray:

4 Likes

First day back after vacation is always the WORST! Donā€™t worry, youā€™ll be back to soul crushing numbness in a day or two. By Friday itā€™ll be like your vacay never even happened.
WELCOME BACK :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Of course Chev!

:green_heart: :pray: :green_heart:

9 Likes

Oh dang blubber buckets Chev. I sure hope theres some good news coming soonā€¦many prayers 4 u!

8 Likes

I already sorted through all but 5 emails, returned all but 1 phone call, set some fires under some people this morning, got an apology from an officer, submitted our Sept crime stats with exactly 20 seconds to spare (why I got an apology), and am currently working through ~50 reports that hadnā€™t been reviewed. Itā€™s busy.

I turned the light off at lunch and people still kept trying to bother me.

6 Likes

I havenā€™t switched on the heat here either.
42 degrees this morning but it always gets to 74+ during the day lately.
Itā€™s still 69 degrees in the house in the morning.

Canā€™t open windows much lately because of it being pretty smoky. The wind is finally shifting today to get rid of the stupid smoke. YAY!

10 Likes

Chev! Youā€™re gonna get some furious praying from us here in Warshington.
Really hoping/ praying for a good outcome.
Thereā€™s so many new ways to treat anything they find.

8 Likes

you ARE the exact same person you were before seeing the doctor, Chev. this wonā€™t define you.

sending more love, prayers & good juju!

we love you & weā€™re here for you :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

8 Likes

Donā€™t panic Chev!
Parkinsons is hard to diagnose and often misdiagnosed because the symptoms are so variable and common to other conditions!
Take each day with hope until you get all the answers you need.
As with anything, early diagnoses is a good thing.
Keeping you in my prayersā€‹:hugs::pray:t2::heart:.

9 Likes

Playing an album.
Buffalo Springfield, Last time around. Their 3rd and final album. 1968

6 Likes

Havenā€™t been opening the windows because my allergies are the worst theyā€™ve ever been.
It was warm in the house for the couple days when it climbed into the 70s. But itā€™s cold again.
I donā€™t think Iā€™ll hold out too much longer before turning the heat on!

5 Likes

Dentist GIF

I changed dentists today.

Too many issues with my ā€˜pastā€™ dentist:

Didnā€™t see a hole in a rear crown that caused me to get a root canal or check the xrays to see it.

Talked me into getting my front teeth ā€˜crownedā€™ because one of them had a chip out. So he said to do both. Didnā€™t mention it means I canā€™t ever bite into a crisp apple without worrying. Didnā€™t list any ā€˜consā€™ to the crowns. I didnā€™t know they grind your front teeth down to tiny tiny stubs first. Iā€™ve had one fall out twice in the last 3 yrs. He says because of my bad ā€˜biteā€™, my bite is the same as before the crowns.

I just had my new dentist (in the same office) glue a crown on today. She was amazing and nice and small hands! Sheā€™s very detailed it appears. When I mentioned changing dentists to the front desk, the girl there said ā€œoh, because sheā€™s so nice to look atā€. I thought that was kinda rude. I never mentioned my problems with the old dentist. I just nodded my head & left after paying $200+

2 Likes