Green Grotto XIX: 💩 Happens

Wordle 457 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

3 Likes

my flowers are starting to look shabby now.
i will be happy to be done being the watering slave.

12 Likes

see you later greens.

12 Likes

Good Morning Greens! Well, not really. I forgot to buy coffee filters and now I have no coffee to drink! The horror!! It feels weird not having some brew in my left hand. Going be 97 today…come on Fall! It is 82 this morning FCOL! Some leaves are falling and it may be a quick drop this year without decent colors. Farmer Almanac may be correct.
Enjoy sunrise!

15 Likes

I’m sure only a small percentage have ever heard this word let alone used it in a sentence.
I’m not one of them.
Wordle 457 5/6
:yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square:
I was surprised when it accepted my guess.

3 Likes

It’s a misfit week! Mischief Days! September 19 - September 24, 2022

6 Likes

Good morning from home! Taking a vacation day. I didn’t want to do all my housecleaning yesterday on my birthday. Plus I need a Labor Day Weekend Do-over since I was sick all that weekend.

As a bonus, I get to watch the Queen’s funeral. I’m not a big “royal watcher”, but it does appeal to my sense of world history.

Then it’s gittin 'er done day!

13 Likes

Wordle 457 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:

2 Likes

Mornin Greens! Welcome to Monday, lets have a great week!

Today’s WTF: After OutKast sang “Shake it like a Polaroid picture,” Polaroid released this statement: “Shaking or waving can actually damage the image”

I always shook mine. Don’t know why, guess I thought you had to “dry” it off??

Happy Art GIF

9 Likes

Going back to the subject of handwriting. I am old, so I had to learn cursive. My mother had taught it to me when I was about 4, so I had a grasp on it. I now mostly write in cursive, sometimes it looks messy if my hands are stiff/sore from the arthritis.

7 Likes

I can write cursive, but it’s a hot mess.
It’s almost like printing is for left brain thinkers and cursive for right brain.
Seeing how the system is so geared towards giving every student the opportunity to succeed, shouldn’t cursive be taught to those that struggle with normal printing?
I have trouble writing, too. I little dyslexia or something… maybe.
I have to remember the word bed to recall which direction the lower b’s and d’s face. The word bed looks like a bed, with the head board and footboard.
I can only remember my right and my left by think on the hand I use to draw.

9 Likes

3 Likes

Well they sure don’t teach it anymore, nor do they teach them how to read a clock face, or memorize multiplication. Everything is digital now. But what happens if the grid goes down? Zombies? Solar flares? These are the things I think about. Gotta have the basics, no matter what.

5 Likes

They should at least teach cursive in “Art” call it calligraphy.
Maybe that is how all the important stuff could be covertly worked back into the curriculum.
Read a clock, math history.
Multiplication, graphic design or industrial design.

9 Likes

I tend to agree with you, Sir. These are the people that will care for us in our old age…I think about that too.

7 Likes

I just hope life kicks them in the butt, really hard before that day comes.

6 Likes

BRRR…

1 Like

We are so screwed.

5 Likes

skating old man GIF

4 Likes

A paper towel works.

7 Likes