Green Grotto XX 🐢 It took 19 previous tries to finally get it right.

Oogie had me get butter. Four pack. Up until last night there was a sign “two per customer”. The first time i did that i never saw the restriction. An associate had to clear it. He told me to pay. Then run it again. Cool. But last night, with no sign, i rang up four. And i had to ask the attedant to clear it. She wouldn’t let me continue. I probably could’ve argued but i was already in a bad mood.

5 Likes

I really really really would have enjoyed tossing it in the river and running across the bridge to spit on it.

4 Likes

Just enjoy knowing she had to put it back.

I haven’t seen anything being limited in a long time.

3 Likes

Tonight on MeTV: (all times ET, source: MeTV.com )

6:00pm
The Three Stooges

Two hours of the Stooges!!!

FALSE ALARMS, HOW HIGH IS UP, A BIRD IN THE HEAD, PEST MAN WINS, SPACE SHIP SAPPY, GHOST TALKS

8:00pm
Svengoolie

presents tonight’s movie:

CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF

“This British adaptation based on the novel The Werewolf of Paris by Guy Endore is brutal cult horror favorite that casts Oliver Reed as a young 18th-century Spaniard who has an adverse reaction to the full moon.”

10:30pm
Batman

RING AROUND THE RIDDLER (S3, EP2)

The Riddler attempts to control prize fighting by brainwashing the current champ into throwing the next fight.

11:00pm
Star Trek

BREAD AND CIRCUSES (S2, EP25)

The Enterprise encounters a planet whose culture is patterned on ancient Rome and holds gladiatorial games that Kirk, Spock and McCoy must fight in.

12:00am
Kolchak: The Night Stalker

THE ENERGY EATER (S1, EP10)

A hospital is built on reclaimed land inhabited by the Native American bear-spirit legend Matchemonedo which threatens to destroy anyone who inhabits it.

1:00am
Lost in Space

THE MECHANICAL MEN (S2, EP28)

Little mechanical men capture both Dr. Smith and the robot, switching the robot’s personality with that of Smith’s. With their new “leader” at the helm, they plan to wreak havoc on the Robinson’s camp.

6 Likes

@mareli83

5 Likes

g’day folks, got a cat question - why would one of my cats have matted hair clumps (almost like dread locks?) and not the other? The mom got them around her neck - I guess she goes into the forest more but we had to cut them out. They are very bushy fur for the winter but no sign of bugs that I could tell, no irritation on the skin - just had to make sure we didn’t cut her when we were cutting it out today. She seemed not hurt and hopefully won’t get them again. They were around her neck where we have a collar but her daughter who is very similar to her in shape and size and fur didn’t have the same issue. I guess her daughter doesn’t venture into the woods much.

6 Likes

those are funny; b/c how do they measure that? Per family? How do they know that any of my 9 kids are mine? I could get the limit 9x - and is it per trip? I can leave and come back in the store a few times :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

grandpa always had jelly beans in a plastic bag for us kids - sometimes they were melted some but we didn’t care - we didn’t get candy much :smiley:

8 Likes

For some reason the other night was the first night I thought to make my popcorn, pour butter on it, then add salt and old bay.

I’ve been missing out.

6 Likes

There is zero dinner or dessert left…unless you count what’s left of the cool whip.

We are now watching soccer on our faancy new appletv+ app…which I cannot use on my phone because it is not ios12. Dammit!

6 Likes

What stuff in spring? Y’all could cut back some, or hire a kid to try to do it somewhat to your liking :grin:

3 Likes

A kid?
Well… Till garden, weed garden, plant/water/fertilize/weed/ pick/weed/spray garden…
Cut & buck minimum 3 large trees, cut to lengths, split, load, haul, stack firewood…
Pressure-warsh deck, house, shop, equipment, shop, a few other things…
Mow pasture, mow lawns, water lawns & keep mowing then mow pasture again…
Prune fruit trees, thin fruit, fertilize, water if needed, cover apples against apple maggot, chase deer from orchard, finish pruning grape vines, string up grape vines.
Weed the garden
Unwinterize the well house and green house, clean out greenhouse and set up Spring plantings, plant/transplant.
Clear trails from winter damage, change oil in 2 ATVs, the riding mower, the tiller, check tractor and it’s implements, bring chainsaw, weedeater, small chainsaw out of winter storage & tune up. Sharpen chains.
Weed the garden again.
Set out the mason bees, staging for max pollination, check for bumble bees & honey bees are around. Walk the property very carefully and slowly, looking for the 4 to 8 yellowjacket nests I always find and the 1 or 2 bald-face hornet nests I’ve also been finding. Kill them because they kill honeybees and like to sting me.
Weed the garden. Check watering system.
Cover the 17 huge blueberry plants, check for mummyberry, cover the strawberries, protect raspberries from too much direct sun.

Pretty soon Fall hits & I have to winterize and do it all over again.

Uhhh… that’s all I can think of right now… lol
Most kids are inside playing nintendo I think…

We’re moving near family and where it’s warm!

7 Likes

I’m impressed! :green_heart:

4 Likes

There was a full pallet last night but I’ve seen this…

3 Likes

Tonight MIL had been asleep 23 hours. Neighbor came over to sit with her while we all went to dinner. We got back and MIL had woken 5 minutes after we left. She was fairly lucid. Seemed glad to see us. Her hearing is worse than it has been. Decided she should put her hearing aids in. She was worried about losing them. She was struggling to fet one in…apparently she had one on and was trying to put the other in the same ear too. No one noticed she’d already gotten one in. Now she was irritated. Time for meds anyway.
She slept for a good hour. We heard her stir and call out “god”. (Earlier in the week she had been talking to him and she was pissed she was still here). Three times. And then she called “Judy”. And we realized she had been calling for me “Scott”. She wanted the bed raised. We all talked for an hour but FIL had already gone to bed. Apparently my voice is the one she can hear best. So i tried my best to communicate. Also used hand motions to get points across. Not sure what she hears…the asked Oogie if she was having a baby when “lady” was mentioned.
Rather enjoyable evening. Younger BIL shpuld be here tomorrow. I think she just wants to hang on to say goodbyes.

4 Likes

Dave’s Desk Crap came!

More in the thread

8 Likes

That’s a lot of :poop: to do @daveinwarshington.

6 Likes

Is butter the new TP?

4 Likes

7 Likes

11 Likes