Greenhouses: Snow What?

these aren’t the sturdiest according to people that have purchased and commented about in previous sales.

There does not seem to be much difference between the two greenhouses priced at 61.99 and 79.99. I realize there is a difference in the shelving, but why such a large difference in price? Does the green color of the more expensive one help shield the plants better?

I am responding to your concern from the OGrow Company. Our greenhouses are pretty lightweight so It would be a good idea to tie them down with some stakes to ensure stability in harsh weathers.

The green color indicates a different material, this one is made out of PE instead of the PVC material we use to make our other greenhouses. Our customers claim it to be a better choice for the plants.

Could you be more specific? What is “PE” and which greenhouse contains it? Which greenhouse is the “better choice for the plants;” the $61.99 or the $79.99 one?

PE (the one with the green shaded Cover sells now for $79.99 on woot only,) is a much stronger & thicker material this will last longer and will keep a better temperature control

I purchased one of these in October. I put it up in November. When I put my plants in side and tried to zip it up, the wall pulled away from the zipper fabric in a few places. This was maybe the third time the door was used. The company offered a replacement immediately, but here we are, three weeks later and they are “out” of covers and nothing has been shipped. In the interim, the zipper is pulling away from the wall plastic in at least four places now. I’ve no choice but to say avoid this company due to poor quality AND customer service.

Are the frames made out of the same material and the same strength? If not, how does it differ? How much weight can the shelves bear?

Also, do all the versions have venting? Or just the kid version?

I’m thinking the ogrow rep will pop back into the thread tomorrow. Otherwise, we’ll certainly get you the answers.

PE = Polyethylene
PVC = Polyvinyl chloride

That should answer the other part of the question.

but did you tie it down with stakes?

It was answered previously, but PE is polyethylene and PVC is polyvinyl chloride. PVC tends to degrade in sunlight because of the UV rays. It can get stiff and brittle over time. PE doesn’t have this problem, and it is generally considered a “greener” product than PVC.

I bought this (4-Tier Portable Bloom House) to store and keep dust off a load of fabrics (inside the house) so my opinion on its actual use outdoors is probably not valid.

However, I can comment on its construction. The plastic casing could fit a little looser to avoid the problem of the zipper ripping away from the plastic. As such, if you overfill past the exact dimensions of the shelf, you might have issues.

Putting it together wasn’t too hard. However, the shelves just rest on the frames. Since I planned to put a bunch of stuff on mine, I had to zip-tie mine down to keep them from shifting all over the place.

If you’re looking for an extremely affordable storage solution where you can rest assured of its stability because it leans on a wall, go for it. I think for any other purpose or location, you may run into issues.

Yes. And the tear happened when I zipped. It was not caused by wind.

Does the Ogrow OGHX20-4T Ultra-Deluxe 4-Tier Hexagonal Flower Planthouse have a PE or PVC cover?

Can the rep be contacted to answer some questions, or can the moderator find the answers, please? Reassurances were made, but have not been fulfilled…

Do all the green houses use zippered closures or only the two kids ones?

I have the hexagon one and it fell down after loading it up with plants. I could tell it was a little shaky and I should have done some modifications before putting plants on it. I used about 150ft of aluminum wire to brace each level where the shelves lay along with the outsides so that it would be impossible to collapse as the wire is holding it together and taking most of the load. The wire cost a couple dollars and it is very nice now. I suggest taking a similar approach if you are going to put many plants on the shelves.