Greenworks 12-Amp 20-Inch Corded Snow Thrower

http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/6b96ad59-a00e-4025-b4f7-17bcee8b5132.jpg

Greenworks 12-Amp 20-Inch Corded Snow Thrower
Price: $99.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Feb 17 to Tuesday, Feb 18) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](http://www.woot.com/offers/greenworks-12-amp-20-inch-corded-snow-thrower) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Greenworks 12-Amp 20-Inch Corded Snow Thrower) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Greenworks - Google Shopping 12-Amp 20-Inch Corded Snow Thrower)

Check out some Reviews and video
[youtube=oVz7Y6DYzqs][/youtube]

In for 1… Of course, it’ll probably stop snowing now, but I think I can live with that.

Our Minnesota winters see your electric snowblower and laugh. Hard.

OK reviews (3.6 out of 5.0) over at homedepot.com

and

Check out the product page and learn all about Greenworks

Let Lowes.com help you decide which snow blower is right for you

I seen snow in a Minnesota summer once that may of been too much for this blower!

electric which means you can get electrocuted, end of the season item. sounds like a winner.

I bought an electric very similar to this and at the same price right here on Woot on Nov.26, except this one is a 20-inch and the one I purchased is an 18-inch cut. I have no regrets, as the electrics are great for the lighter snowfalls. Following is what I posted back in November and it has the very same significance with this Greenworks machine…

Having a snow thrower that’s too small is not a good thing, but having a snow thrower that’s too big has it’s own set of disadvantages. When you have a relatively light snowfall (about 6 or 7 inches) it’s hardly worth breaking out the big 28" cut, 8 hp gas snow thrower. That’s what I have…that and a shovel. There is the strong tendency to say, "It will probably melt before 2 o’clock this afternoon. Of course this does not always happen. Sometimes at 3 o’clock it’s solid ice.

I found that in this part of the country we can get up to one or 2 storms per year that drop 10" of snow or more. Sometimes we don’t get that kind of snowfall for years. So, I decided that it’s time to match my equipment with my needs. It’s better to have all my bases covered, so a smaller snow thrower is in my future. Maybe it will be this one.

Oh how cute. A snack for my snowblower!

Really? Electrocuted? These snow blowers are properly grounded. Oh my gosh Now that you mention electrocution I guess my sump pump is going to electrocute me. It is, after all, under water… Oh no.

I have owned a Toro 1800 Electric Curve Snow Thrower since 2005, so my comments are more about electric snow throwers in general and not this specific model. Living in Denver, an electric snow thrower is a very viable option. Most winters we only get one snow in the 12" plus range, with the majority about 8" or less. That’s a perfect scenario for an electric snow thrower.

The pros of an electric snow thrower are:

• Light and easy to maneuver - I can pick mine up with one hand
  • Zero maintenance. I’m on my eighth winter using mine and I have done exactly zero maintenance in that time.
  • It just works (provided you have power). No need to worry about having enough gas, etc.
  • Easy to store. Light enough that it can be hung on the wall or even hoisted in the summer (my lawn mower and snow blower swap places, with one going to the back of the garage in the “off” season)

The cons of an electric snow thrower are:

• The cord. It can get annoying, but you learn how to work around it so you aren’t re-positioning it very often. I followed others’ advice on Amazon when I bought my Toro and bought an insulated cold-weather extension cord (like this one) that has been a lifesaver because it doesn’t stiffen up and/or crack in the cold weather. I keep mine on a reel (like this one) to make winding it up a snap.
  • Capacity - Mine can handle 8"-10" of light, powdery snow or about 6" of heavy, wet snow. Any more of either leads to clogging. Speaking of which…
  • Clogging - They do clog somewhat easily simply because they lack the power of a gasoline engine to blast the snow out. This tends to be an issue in heavy, wet snow. I just have a small stick with me to clear the chute every now and then.
  • Throw distance - This is probably the single most annoying factor of an electric. They just can’t throw the heavy, wet snow very far. Light snow gets a nice, high fountain of snow that easily clears halfway into my front yard. Heavier snow comes out in a low, slow arc. The first few passes down the center of my driveway often don’t make it to the lawn, so then the last few passes down the sides I’m actually re-clearing already cleared snow and the snow there is twice as deep and heavy (see the clogging issue above).

On balance, I wouldn’t hesitate to get an electric snow thrower again. I think it is a very viable option for mild winter climates (i.e. not Michigan or Minnesota!) Especially great for those with limited garage space and/or for whom a bigger, heavier gas powered unit isn’t an option.

At $99, I would definitely jump at this. I paid $270 for my Toro in 2005 and consider that money very well spent…

Is it April fools day? I mean seriously who bought this in MN and MI? I live in MI, but I wouldn’t get this for a hard frost. Is this real?

No buyers here in Florida?!?

You only get a 20 inch cord???
What the hell good is that going to do ;p

Talk about a short d//k man…

I’ve owned this model for three years (paid much more than this) and am very satisfied - even in this crazy winter. It does the job well with zero maintenance and doesn’t take up much space in the garage. Start down the middle of the driveway and work outward. Clearing 6 inches from a standard driveway and sidewalk takes just a few minutes.

Others seem to agree as it’s a best seller on Amazon with four stars. Great deal!

thanks for the video. its worth a million times more than any opinion when you see it in action and can quantify its capabilities like that.

I bought this same exact model last year, for about $160 on Amazon, now $177 - reviews here. I would buy it again in a heartbeat, especially for $99 new. It’s handled this tough New York winter like a champ. As the poster with the really long name mentioned, being an electric you do have to learn how to maneuver around the cord, you have to make 2 or 3 passes to get some of the deeper drifts, and it works better with lighter, powdery snow, but it has enough power to clear a 12 inch snow on an average 2-car garage-sized driveway down to the pavement. In fact, I was laughing when my neighbor’s very large gas-powered blower gave out halfway through his larger driveway, while my little Greenworks was still going strong.

Coleman’s 14 gauge 100ft for $50. Rated for 13amps and a little lighter to lug over 12 gauge. I had $50 in Amazon Payments and after getting snow almost weekly in Philly, and my old shovel snapping, I figured what the hell.

Just to let you all know. I bought the Worx Electric in November because of limited garage space and need to hang it. Left from Detroit area to Florida Jan 1 and returned after 2 snow storms on Jan 6 and pulled the electric out. Note there were drifts and all but that electric went through it. The snow admittedly was powder but was also deep. Took a little more pushing at times back and forth in really deep drifted areas but so much more manueverable than the huge thing I got rid of last fall. I have used it all this snowy year (one of the worst in Detroit). Cord is a little bit of a pain but I have 2 car drive and shorter sidewalk than I used to last year. Glad I bought it. Beats the small gas toro.