Greenworks 40V 150 MPH Cordless Blower

Greenworks 40V 150 MPH Cordless Blower

Wait… So “Tool Only” is just a cordless blower without a battery or charger? So I wouldn’t even be able to use it?

According to the pictures, that is correct.

Not if you don’t have a compatible battery, I suppose.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

1 Like

This exact blower is $115 with a 2Ah battery at amazon (woot is selling the 4Ah battery, which is $143 today). There’s some other greenworks stuff as deal-of-the-day at amazon today, but it all has an 80V battery. Not sure if they’re compatible.

Just like most of these things, the bulk of the cost is the battery. I have a lot of Makita LXT tools and often you can get some batteries + tool bundled for cheaper then just buying the batteries separately.

We have this blower and it’s just fine for blowing grass clipping, dirt, or a few leaves off the sidewalk. I wouldn’t try it for heavy or wet leaves, or to do anything on grass. It’s “variable speed” but I don’t know why you’d ever use less then full power.

3 Likes

Greenworks 80V and 40V tools are not compatible. They also produce 20V and 60V tools as well. I have a number of Greenworks yard “appliances”; 21" mower, 14" string trimmer and 24" hedge trimmer. They’re all 40V and are more than adequate for my needs on a 1/4 acre yard. There are third party batteryies available for about 2/3 to 1/2 the cost of factory which I also use. No noticeable difference.

4 Likes

have a eGo 40v mower. battery the same, compatible?

I have had this blower for years, it is quite powerful!

1 Like

I got this blower 2 years ago on Amazon for $99

Edit: with a battery and charger

I seriously doubt eGo and GreenWorks batteries are compatible (but I don’t know for sure). These companies seem to want to keep you in their ecosystem.

I just bought an eGo 56V 21" mower with a 5 AH battery and an eGo 530 CFM 56V blower with a 2.5 AH battery. Those are supposed to be compatible, so if my mower runs out of power, I can use the blower’s battery for half the run time.

The eGo blower was $179 at Ace Hardware (the same price as at Amazon, but Amazon was out of stock).

So not exact? LOL

1 Like

I have a 20V black and decker “sweeper” and i need an upgrade. Not sure this is it.

I believe they were expressing that this is a good deal

1 Like

Yep. Just love that it’s exact but not exact. :smiley:

1 Like

Is it adequately loud? I’m afraid the whole neighborhood will miss out on when I blow the drive and sidewalk.

I dont think I saw a clear answer to the first question. Can we use this if we just buy the blower without a battery or charger (and I dont have any other compatible ones)? Trying to figure out why that is even an option… :slight_smile:

Some people buy a single brand of items. So if you have other items by Greenworks, you would already have batteries that work.