Greenworks Brushless Cordless Mower

Greenworks Brushless Cordless Mower

In for 1.

Great deal when you consider the batteries & charger being included. There’s a 60v (tool only) at Lowe’s from the same brand for $229, but it’s a lot harder to find affordable batteries for the 60v line so you’d be pushing $500 after batteries + charger.

Says “Dual battery port design enables one battery to be stored while the other fuels the mower for uninterrupted cutting” … does that mean they need to be swapped when the first one runs out of juice, or that the mower will switch to the second?

“uninterrupted” seems to mean that the mower uses both; however, “stored” means that I’ll need to swap them when the first is exhausted.

Sorry to be pedantic :smile:

Yeah, they have to be swapped. It only has one active port.

I got the 60v mower with battery from lowes for $299. one thing i didn’t realize is that with battery mowers, your charge varies a lot considering outside temperature. normally i can mow my whole yard with 1 charge (0.3 acres), but when i mow the yard during ~100 degrees, that one charge will only do around 80% of the yard. Then i would have to drag the gas mower out to finish since i didn’t want to wait 3 hours for a full charge before being able to finish my yard!
One more advice, keep your batteries inside the house when you’re done to maximize the life.

Wish these were at least 4Ah batteries. Any deals on 40V batteries coming soon? C’mon Woot!

Is it self-propelled?

I skimmed the manual linked in the features and I don’t see any reference to it being self-propelled.

It isn’t self propelled. If you go to the mfg’s webpage it says it isn’t on product features when comparing it to other mowers they offer.