Greetings from Kawaii

It’s so adorable and super sweet, I can practically feel my teeth getting cavities just looking at the thing!

Can’t decide if this is cute or wants to suck out my soul.

shirt #57. dang woot, it has been over a year since i legit bought a shirt from you.

Didn’t the Japanese think Mothra was cute too?

This shirt does live up to the “cuteness” factor.

For anyone who doesn’t really know what Kawaii is, here’s the Wikipedia summary:

Kawaii (かわいい [kaw͍aiꜜi], “lovable”, “cute”, or “adorable”) is the quality of cuteness in the context of Japanese culture. It has become a prominent aspect of Japanese popular culture, entertainment, clothing, food, toys, personal appearance, behavior, and mannerisms. The noun is kawaisa (可愛さ?), literally, “lovability”, “cuteness” or “adorableness”.

What’s this Woot? You trying to confuse people more about the difference between kawaii and Hawaii? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Love the 90s beach feel of the artwork. Reminds me of actual T-shirts for sale everywhere in Hawaii.

Think I’ll go look through my old pogs.

Diggin’ the little starfish dude and the turtle’s big paddling arms.

Yes.
Sure.
That’s it.
(Wish we’d thought of that.)

This is so adorable I want to go surfing

I, uh, I don’t get it. Is there a joke here? If not… then…

Read the posts above first.

I took it to be a joke about the specific island in the state of Hawaii named Kauai

Yep. Definitely picking up a creepy bunny vibe myself…

I looove this! I wish it came as a tank though.

This is so adorable…too bad i’m a dude. :frowning:

And it’s not pronounced “kuh-WHY”, like I hear too many English-speakers saying.

So?

It takes a man very secure in his gender to wear cutesy-wootsey t-shirts. I’ll also let you in on a little secret: He doesn’t have to be gay, either. :smiley: